Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
The primary role of the Supply Planner is to facilitate the process of replenishing inventory according to predefined parameters, using data such as sales forecasts, marketing projections and demand plans to ensure inventory availability on time and on cost. The successful candidate will Plan single tier supply, non-core products such as accessories, foundations, single node replenishment planning required for TempurSealy manufacturing facilities and/or externally sourced products through a centralized planning, logistics, and distribution program. This position is an important driver in creating and managing replenishment plans. Problem solving, process improvement and strong communications skills are required as-is the ability to forge strong relationships with our product suppliers, manufacturing, sourcing, logistics, finance, sales/marketing and other key functions.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
- Responsible to assure high level of customer satisfaction is supported through appropriate inventory stocking and ensure planning parameters are defined, respected and accurately met.
- Responsible for developing build plan that is aligned with sales forecast, inventory targets and available capacity
- Responsible for planning designated materials (raw/finished goods) that are aligned with planning parameters, sales forecast, inventory targets and available capacity.
- Support business execution of new programs and initiatives that include promotional activities, forecast and coordination for key events, new product launches, EOL management and network redesigns.
- Create and submit purchase orders to support plant production builds and set inventory levels centrally for regional DC and, or plant locations.
- Strong communication, organizational, time management, and problem solving skills are required.
- Identify possible material shortages against inventory plans, and assess alternative sources of replenishment to fulfill orders. Coordinate with applicable departments to resolve material shortages, production delays, yield issues and other potential schedule delays.
- Balance the allocation of available stock in supplying locations.
- Determine replenishment lead time to support inventory plans to optimize order fulfillment.
- Monitor key performance indicators, and analyzes data as need to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Minimize slow moving and obsolete items to minimize financial impact to our business.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners and coworkers
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
- Strong analytic and strategic problem solving ability
- Business Acumen: understand cross functional partnerships and responsibilities
- Executive Presence: capable communicator; effective communication across various levels of the business (peers, coworkers, leadership, executives)
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal effectiveness
- Results oriented; driver of change and progress
- Passionate & self motivated
Internal and External Interfaces:
- Marketing & Sales
- Order Management/Customer Service
- Transportation & Logistics
- Finance and Accounting
- Executive Leadership
- Operations (Production/Sourcing/Engineering)
- Retail Customers
- 3PL Partners
- 2 to 5 years business experience
- Degree preferred or related career experience as a proxy
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Fast-paced corporate office environment. Some stress may occur. Travel around scheduled projects such as program rollouts may be necessary.
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and key results outlined herein..
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled