Global Quality Engineer at Jabil Inc.
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
Do you want to join one of the World's Most Admired Companies? Are you looking to be part of a dynamic and growing organization, who's company culture is centered on empowering its employees to make decisions? As one of the world's largest electronic manufacturing companies, Jabil is focused on hiring the best people.
Develop, maintain and improve Jabil product quality among multiple manufacturing sites for our customers' worldwide account.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Know and understand the Sector / Division strategic direction
- Define, develop and implement Systems Audit strategies, which contribute to the strategic direction.
- Provide regular updates to Global Quality Manager on the execution of the strategy.
- Align tactical audit activities such that they serve to check and validate the strategies.
- Support Business Unit in all Quality related aspects associated by potential and new business
- Understand the customer business (New programs, product transitions, technology trends, and integration site requirements).
- Understand and drive product tooling/inspection strategies to meet customer quality needs while enabling the lowest landed cost.
- Understand and champion customer requests for corrective/preventive action.
- Serve as a Focal Point for major customer quality issues.
- Support Quality efforts from material qualification to end user reliability.
Regulatory / Statutory
- Support regulatory qualification requirements as required.
Cost Conscience / Continuous Improvement
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value.
- Identify creative ways to reduce waste by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. analysis of the requirements, modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Monitor trends in Quality data (yields, dpm, corrective actions) to identify continual improvement opportunities.
- Act as a catalyst for changing the mindsets from one of reactively measuring the product to one of proactively monitoring the process for optimized performance and quality.
- Assist in eliminating non value-added inspection by instilling an "inspection at the source" mentality.
- Steer Customer Product Engineering and new program teams towards systems and information requirements that fit Jabil's objectives of lower costs, less duplication of effort, and improved responsiveness.
- Ensure real time containment and resolution of problems.
- Work with engineers to develop product quality objectives consistent with customer expectations and team plans.
- Provide strong leadership to the team in activities relating to product quality.
- Assume the Quality conscience of the team in all aspects of the business.
- Provide accurate, timely feedback of production issues to the work-cell teams.
- Provide weekly communication forum for the exchange of ideas and information with the department.
- Establish relationships and contacts with Product Engineering and assembly personnel to understand process maturity and effects on transition to product realization.
- Analyze data and metrics. Escalate issues and declining trends to the appropriate personnel for resolution.
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years management/supervisory experience required.
- Must be familiar with Jabil metrics including DPMO, FPY, DPM, etc, Six Sigma, and must be proficient at FMEA.
- International travel required up to 50%
- Prefer advanced statistics and problem solving formal training
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Minimum 5 Years experience in quality in the automotive field with experience in IATF16949 requirements, AIAG PPAP, MSA, SPC, FMEA, APQP, GRR, and GD&T.
- Desired experience in supplier and sub-supplier management
- Desired experience in project management
Jabil offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and a supportive environment that provides learning and career development opportunities. Jabil is an equal opportunity employer.