Learning and Development Manager (Call Center Training) at Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
Posted in Human Resources 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
The Manager, Group Learning Services (GLS) provides oversight and leadership in the development and maintenance of new and existing training programs for contact centers in our Group and Direct to Consumer business areas, as well as enhancing current practices and programs. Serves as the consultative learning partner to supported business leaders to ensure training is aligned to business objectives. Responsibility for the entire learning and development environment within assigned business areas. Includes the assessment of needs, development of programs and curriculum, conducting training via appropriate medium (distance learning, instructor-led classroom, online, etc.), coordinating training schedules and resources, providing coaching on select skills/behaviors and assessing and measuring overall training program effectiveness. Ability to collect, assess and leverage existing enterprise-wide and industry training programs for use and ensure that all learning and development programs are aligned with business goals and meet all compliance requirements. Provide insight and guidance to setting and tying goals and objectives for assigned business areas to the training programs and initiatives. Provide in-depth and ongoing awareness of industry and professional training trends as well as marketplace demands. Must proactively identify, assess, and communicate potential opportunities to improve overall performance and effectiveness of business areas.
- Provide contact center leadership with a clear and well planned learning strategy to meet business objectives, productivity and efficiency goals. Manage training resources and calendars to meet business outcomes.
- Continually assess short and long term potential and existing training needs / gaps across all functional roles within contact centers, provide recommendations based on business strategy, develop targeted training strategy, and ensure successful execution.
- Develop strong partnerships with business management to clearly understand their business, strategies, priorities, challenges.
- Provide consultative recommendations around performance and business actions around training and skill development to achieve results.
- Manage the design, development, delivery and ongoing maintenance of contact center training programs, curricula, and services and ensure alignment with the overall organizational direction.
- Plan and coordinate the proper mediums, venues and timing of the required training programs.
- Secure funds and resources through collaboration with necessary departments and personnel.
- Research and implement best practices in technology, tools, and approaches to training delivery for increased effectiveness.
- Research appropriate off-the-shelf or vendor training programs to meet select training needs. Ensure deliverables are timely, accurate, highly targeted, and meets the objective.
- Develop and implement measurement methods to accurately gauge the effectiveness of technical and professional training for contact centers; measures may include learner reaction, skill acquisition, on-the-job performance change, departmental output and/or business impact.
- Engage in feedback sessions with the management team to enhance performance levels.
- Actively manage a team of learning professionals.
- Ensure effectiveness, timeliness, accuracy and relevance of training programs and their delivery.
- Provide developmental support and coaching to direct reports as well as training constituents.
- Develop functional professional relationships within business areas to foster an environment of teamwork and unity in driving towards the same goals and objectives.
- Exceptional consulting skills; proven ability to quickly learn new business models, supporting technical infrastructure, business strategy, priorities, challenges, and create highly targeted training needs analysis and training strategy
- Ability to effectively lead the assessment, design, development, and delivery of training programs, curricula, and learning services for a contact center business environment
- Strong and creative people leadership skills
- Ability to develop a long range training vision and strategy for a contact center
- Exercise broad, independent, and good judgment to effectively manage training initiatives
- Strong project management capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships with all levels of leadership
- Exceptional teamwork, negotiation, and change management skills. Must foster an environment that demands a high degree of teamwork and collaboration.
- Creative and consultative approach to problem solving
- Ability to influence, motivate and educate senior leadership, peers, stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable to immediate and unexpected changes in plans
- Must be able to identify and independently manage priorities and task assignments across multiple projects and groups.
- Strong knowledge of learning and development methodologies; formal design and development approaches, adult learning best practices, industry training technologies used to deploy, maintain and monitor learning
- Best practices in designing, developing, and delivering to a contact center, or similar, organization
- Training Evaluation and Measurement
- In-depth knowledge of training techniques and practices to drive enhanced skills to improve performance in a contact center
- Deploying a variety of solutions to geographically dispersed customers
- College education required. Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, Business Administration, or related field. Masters Degree is preferred.
- 8+ years of workplace training and development experience
- 5 years insurance experience preferred
- 5 years training in a contact center business area required
- 3+ years as a training manager/leader for a contact center required
- Proven leadership skills in a service environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America® (Guardian), currently ranked #239 on the Fortune 500, is one of the largest mutual life insurers. As of December 31, 2017, Guardian reports $1.6 billion in operating income, $8 billion in capital, and $71.5 billion in assets under management. Guardian consistently scores high marks for financial strength from all four major credit rating agencies and enjoys a strong competitive position in its major businesses: life insurance, disability income insurance, annuities, investments, dental and vision insurance and employee benefits.
As a mutual company founded 157 years ago, Guardian is owned by its policyholders. The company has paid dividends to policyholders every year since 1868 and the Company’s 8,800 employees and 2,750 financial representatives are aligned with its mission to help individuals, families, and small businesses achieve financial security and protection.
Guardian states its aspiration in the following way: “To be the trusted mutual partner, delivering financial security how, when, and where our clients prefer.” Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.