Mortgage Loan Specialist at Royal Credit Union
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Apple Valley, Minnesota
This position is eligible for a $1000 sign on bonus! Description:
Mortgage Loan Specialists are responsible for origination of residential mortgage loans from internal referral sources. They conduct initial pre-qualification interviews and prepare complete loan application packages and necessary documentation. Mortgage Loan Specialists convey policies for extension of credit in accordance with Credit Union and secondary investor guidelines. Additionally, they meet Mortgage Loan scheduling and documentation requirements, and production expectations as determined by the VP - Mortgage Loan Sales. Lastly, Mortgage Loan Specialist serve Members, prospective members, builders, developers, and Realtors promptly and professionally.
Working approximately 40 hours per week. A typical schedule would be Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm with occasional evening and weekend hours as needed.
• One year experience working in a related position in the mortgage or consumer loan field.
• Strong sense of customer service
• Analytical and critical thinking skills sufficient to make decisions regarding daily work that is complex in nature
• Strong service & sales skills
• Strong interviewing and listening skills
• Work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities
• Produce accurate and high-quality materials, data entry, and transactions
• Establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision
• Must be able to transport oneself to frequent work-related meetings, workshops, conferences, etc.
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers
• Identify and develop sales opportunities among existing and prospective Members
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products
• Communicate and live Royal Credit Union's core purpose, values, and organizational culture daily
• Experience working in a financial institution