CNC Operator - 1st Shift - Perrysburg, OH at Oldcastle Building Envelope Inc
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Perrysburg, Ohio
Job ID: 140128
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is seeking full-time CNC Operator to work first shift in the Door/Metal Department at our Perrysburg facility. This position involves the operation of multiple machines to fabricate and prepare metal for All Glass Entrance Systems. Operator tracks, locates, and records production on schedules provided by Lead person.
The hours for first shift are 6:30am-2:30pm, Monday-Friday. There may be daily or weekend overtime as dictated by the production schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to read and understand sketches and interpret their meaning onto glass entrance systems
- Must be able to read schedules and understand production demands based on information schedules
- Program and operate CNC equipment to fabricate steel and aluminum
- Operate a saw to cut down stock material, use jigs to prep metal for further fabrication, and complete metal headers and glass door rails
- Operate overhead crane and vacuum lift
- Perform routine maintenance on machines
- Complete daily work sheets and forms
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely performing tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- 5+ years experience of running CNC equipment
- Basic computer familiarity
- Read and use a tape measure
- Read and perform mathematical calculations and measurements with numbers, fractions, and decimals normally acquired through high school education or equivalency
- Drill press, cold saw, metal saw, CNC routers, dolly, crane, glass cups, tape measure, pliers, and other various tools
- Ability to lift, bend, twist, walk, and reach frequently
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs unassisted
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.