Analyst, Financial at Levi Strauss & Co.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
We believe that clothes - and how you make them - can make a difference.
Since 1853, we've been obsessed with innovation to meet people's needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn't last 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace, and by remaining true to its values. We employ more than 17,000 people around the world - supporting great brands, including Levi's®, Dockers® and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to innovation, creativity and collaboration.
We are seeking an Analyst, Finance to support with the Product Management and Business Unit Finance teams regarding Cost of Goods Sold (COGS). This position will work with these teams to reconcile, analyze, & forecast Standard Cost and COGS variances while providing meaningful analysis to influence decision making and improve company performance.
This position requires the ability to manage, quickly pull, and analyze data both during monthly close cycles and on an ad-hoc basis to impact decisions being made for upcoming Seasons. The analyst works with a broad range of people, some in other locations and countries. The candidate should demonstrate a strong work ethic, dedication to high quality work results, and flexibility in interactions with Business Partners around the world.
- Prepare monthly reporting and analyze results to help drive performance improvement
- Provide cost accounting and reconciliation support for Airfreight, Claims, and Liabilities reporting, prepare necessary journal entries, communicate and resolve issues related to these expenses
- Collaborate with Business Partners to understand and analyze financial information for use in informed, risk-based decision making
- Provide backup support for Standard Cost development in the Go To Market Cycle, including analysis, and systems support
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Support and drive initiatives to streamline and standardize processes and improve operational efficiencies
- Provide sound advice to managers and peers based on an understanding of the business and strategies
- Systematically gather relevant information, generate, analyze and propose solutions. Track solutions to closure
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 2 years work relevant to the responsibilities of this position.
- Capability to communicate and interact with managers and peers to drive participation and partnership across a geographically diversified cross functional group of colleagues
- Attention to detail when managing large databases
- Ability to utilize available information to influence decisions
- Strong analytical skills backed by ability to use systems (Excel, SAP, Essbase, etc.) to drive analysis
- Experience with Access is a plus
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Solid ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Strong conceptual and analytical problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to build effective partnerships across teams
- Make timely and sound decisions despite ambiguity; escalating as appropriate
- Manage personal performance and growth and by sharing knowledge and experience with others
- Identify insights and opportunities that benefit the business
The Company's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, Vietnam era/disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes. The Company has established a continuing Affirmative Action Program to assure equal employment opportunity in all its policy decisions affecting recruitment, selection, assignment, promotion, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
LOCATION 1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111 FULL TIME/PART TIME Full time