Store Manager, Sales and Experience, Levi's- Retail, Times Square, New York, NY at Levi Strauss & Co.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
We believe that clothes - and how you make them - can make a difference.
Since 1853, we've been obsessed with innovation to meet people's needs. We invented the first blue jean. And we reinvented khaki pants. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines for our manufacturing partners. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do.
A company doesn't last more than 160 years by standing still. It endures by reinventing itself, striving to delight its consumers, winning in the marketplace and by remaining true to its values.
We employ thousands of people around the world to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. â¢ and Denizen®. Our employees are committed to innovation, creativity and collaboration. Put simply, if you're looking for a new opportunity, this is a great place to grow your career.
The purpose of this position is to direct and lead superior retail selling and service strategies and execute store operation functions within a high-volume flagship location in partnership with the Store Director and management team to deliver financial growth and sustained brand equity. This position will report directly to the Store Director.
- Drives profitable sales and meets or exceeds store financial plans through leading the consumer experience team to deliver on KPI goals (Conversion, Units Per Transaction and Sales Per Hour)
- Analyzes financial reports and makes adjustments to the business to increase sales and drive profitability
- In partnership with Store Director, contributes to expense control in relation to stores P&L. Deliver's results through managing payroll and controllable expenses
- Creates, communicates and holds team members accountable to individual sales goals. Manages the in-store tailor and print shop team, Ensures the efficient execution of all services in accordance with company standards and also the ability of the team to articulate all services of the tailor shop to our consumers.
- Education and train store team on tailor and print shop customer offerings and services.
- Creates a high energy, compelling store experience for customers by engaging and modeling appropriate customer service behaviors to associates
- Holds the team accountable to the LS&CO sales standards
- Ensures that all associates are trained on product knowledge to make them product experts who can effectively serve customer's needs
- Supports the planning of payroll/scheduling based on store traffic to ensure the store is properly staffed to assist customers
- Support the planning and execution of company events and VIP shopping experiences as needed
- Partner with Store Director and in-store Talent Manager for all recruitment needs. Interviews and makes hiring, pay and termination decisions in accordance with company guidelines for the consumer experience team.
- Effectively manages the training process for new consumer experience team hires on LS&CO culture, product knowledge, selling practices and other associate responsibilities is effective
- Coaches and develops staff to increase their knowledge and skill sets, providing opportunities for continued development and growth within the organization
- Creates succession plan in partnership with store management team by hiring, developing and retaining top talent
- Manages employee relations issues including performance management and holding associates accountable for following LS&CO policies and procedure
- Regular involvement with Store Director, store management team and home office partners.
- Responsible for ensuring that all important information related to the customer experience team is communicated to the appropriate partners through the correct channels.
- Responsible for building relationships with direct and indirect reports to support the implementation of store business strategies designed to support the customer and associate experience and achieve growth goals
- Accountable for operational results/expectations in store procedures, payroll management, cash handling and inventory control
- Achieves payroll plan through monitoring labor costs and adapting to business conditions based on weekly and monthly sales. Partners with Operations Manager to ensure schedule reflects the business needs
- Provides effective leadership and delegates responsibilities to ensure all required store tasks are completed. Directs the store team in prioritizing responsibilities
- Participates in the planning of physical inventory and counts
- Prevents loss by educating associates, monitoring daily store activity, ensuring company policies are followed and partnering with loss prevention
- Drives Company results through the consistent use of MPOS and AOS. Ensures the store team is training on how to use these resources to complete customer orders and transactions
- Ensure consumer experience team maintains store visual standards in accordance with visual merchandising direction, executing flawless product presentation.
- Partners with Merchandising Manager on decisions about and adaptations to visual merchandising direction based on the lay out and needs of the store
- Maintains appropriate levels of product on the sales floor by partnering with Merchandising team on replenishment and planning
- Bachelor's degree (5+ years of retail work experience may be substituted for a degree)
- Minimum 3 years experience in retail store management position (experience in a flagship environment preferred but not required)
- Solid experience and demonstrated skills in supervising, coaching and training sales associates
- Strong apparel experience and business acumen
- Must demonstrate an energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and a passion and interest in Levi Strauss & Co
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
LOCATION USA, New York, Times Square (L190) FULL TIME/PART TIME Full time