Associate Manager, Operations, Levi's- Retail, Times Square, NY at Levi Strauss & Co.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
The Associate Manager, Operations assists the Store Director in attaining Levi's® Store Iconic status by developing and leading the store operations team to deliver superior strategies and operational excellence to ensure brand equity, customer satisfaction and financial growth. The Associate Manager, Operations will direct the execution of store operational functions including facilities, safety, payroll, loss prevention, cash handling and store policy and procedure within a high-volume flagship location in partnership with the Store Director and management team to deliver financial growth and sustained brand equity. This position will report directly to the Store Director.
- Responsible for building relationships with Store Director and direct and indirect reports to support the implementation of store business strategies designed to support the customer and associate experience and achieve growth goals
- Collaborates with peers and Store Director to ensure seamless communications filter to the entire store team. Ensure that all communications and resources available to the staff are up to date and that all company deadlines are communicated and met
- Accountable for operational results/expectations in store procedures, payroll management, cash handling, loss prevention and inventory control
- Achieves payroll plan through creating and overseeing store schedules, monitoring labor costs and adapting to business conditions based on weekly and monthly sales
- Provides effective leadership and delegates responsibilities to ensure all required store tasks are completed. Directs the store team in prioritizing responsibilities
- Participates in planning and overseeing all physical inventory preparation and counts
- Prevents loss by ensuring the Loss Prevention ASM is educating associates, monitoring daily store activity, ensuring company policies are followed and partnering with loss prevention
- Accountable for ensuring store technology and equipment is accounted for and maintained per company guidelines
- Main point of contact for home office facilities services. Responsible for timely communication of all concerns and store requests
- Ensures the safety and security of company merchandise and store environment through the Loss Prevention, Assistant Store Manager and holding associates and peers accountable for following relevant LS&Co. policies and procedures
- Analyzes financial reports and makes adjustments to the business to increase sales and drive profitability
- Assists in creating, communicating and holding team members accountable to individual goals
- Drives Company results through the consistent use of MPOS and AOS. Ensures the store team is training on how to use these resources to complete customer orders and transactions.
- Partner with Store Director and in-store Talent Manager for all recruitment needs. Interviews and contributes to making hiring decisions in accordance with company guidelines for the Operations team. Effectively manages the training process for new hires on LS&CO culture, product knowledge, selling practices and other associate responsibilities is effective
- Coaches and develops staff to increase their knowledge and skill sets, providing opportunities for continued development and growth within the organization
- Assists in creation of succession plans by hiring, developing and retaining top talent
- Manages and informs Store Director of employee relations issues including performance management and holding associates accountable for following LS&CO policies and procedure
- Supports the Store Director in driving profitability and meeting financial plans through operational excellence to deliver on KPI goals (Conversion, Units Per Transaction and Sales Per Hour)
- Assists the Store Director by contributing to expense control in relation to stores P&L. Deliver's results through managing payroll and controllable expenses
- Ensures operations team supports in maintaining store visual standards in accordance with visual merchandising direction, executing flawless product presentation when necessary.
- Supports maintaining appropriate levels of product on the sales floor by partnering with the merchandising team on planning and floor replenishment
- Creates a high energy, compelling store experience for customers by engaging and modeling appropriate customer service behaviors to associates
- Holds the team accountable to the LS&CO sales standards
- Ensures that all associates are trained on product knowledge to make them product experts who can effectively serve customer's needs
- Plans payroll/scheduling based on store traffic to ensure the store is properly staffed to assist customers
Education and/or Experience:
- 5+ years of experience and a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3+ years of store leadership/management experience (experience in a flagship environment preferred but not required)
- Solid experience and demonstrated skills in supervising, coaching and training sales associates
- Strong apparel experience
- Extremely strong customer service orientation and the ability to multi-task; with the desire to work in a very fast paced environment and an ability to not become frustrated with last minute changes
- Excellent discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to learn new computer programs quickly
- Must demonstrate an energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and a passion and interest in LS & Co.