Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Tinton Falls, New Jersey
PATIENT ACCOUNTS REP
P/A REMIT PROCESS/JS BILL
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
Billing experience in a hospital setting preferred, especially with Medicare and Medicaid. Ability to interpret managed care contracts to ensure accurate reimbursement. Knowledge of diagnosis/procedure codes, CMS regulations and guidelines, MSP billing, good verbal and written communication skills, computer experience, knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Excel and Word, strong math skills and the ability to handle a heavy work volume.
* Team member will be responsible for billing functions related to a hospital receivable.
* This will include working all payers including Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care, NF, and WC.
* Team member must be able to work and address all payment discrepancies for all payers including credits, refunds, disputed and denied claims.
* Will be responsible to work and address accounts through a variety of hospital systems.
* High school diploma or equivalent is required.
* One year Billing experience in a hospital setting preferred. General knowledge of all payment and adjustment codes including denials and disputed.
* Knowledge of all Patient Accounting systems including EPIC, EDM, MEDA, X-claims, Insurance websites, and Med Metrix.
* Must have strong follow up skills in order to identify, track and resolve payment discrepancies through claims adjustments.
* Knowledge of DRG schemes, Managed Care contracts, as well as ICD9 and ICD10 to ensure accurate reimbursement along with APC rates.
* Must also have knowledge of CMS regulations and guidelines.
* Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, PC proficiency, must be skilled in Microsoft applications, especially Word and Excel and the ability to multitask and handle heavy volumes.
* Must have strong analytical skills and general knowledge in all areas of the Revenue Cycle.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.