Machinist - 3rd Shift - 1st day benefits! at Henkel Corporation
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Menomonie, Wisconsin
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It's a passion. Have you got what it takes?
Our Prescott, Wisconsin location is GROWING! Prescott is one of Henkel’s largest manufacturing facilities and currently has various production positions available. We have both full-time weekday and weekend roles available. All positions include full benefits.
Henkel offers competitive starting hourly pay ranging from $14/hour - $20/hour+, depending on experience and position.
We also offer Sign-on AND retention bonuses!
Summary: To set-up and operate a variety of machine tools such as CNC mill, Turret Press, CNC Drills, Punch Press, and Lathe to produce precision parts and instruments. In addition, fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information to determine methods and sequence of operations to fabricate product.
- Work from complex drawings, specifications and written instructions to fabricate metal plates, IMC and printed circuit boards.
- Assemble parts into completed units, using jigs, fixtures, hand tools and power tools.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
- Perform product inspection using standard mechanical, optical and numerical measuring devices and including first article acceptance.
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain machines, tools, and equipment to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter.
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair.
- Repair or rework punch press when not operating.
- Design fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering needs.
- Confer with engineering, supervisory and manufacturing personnel to exchange technical information.
- Fabricate, assemble, and modify tooling, such as jigs, fixtures, templates, and molds or dies to produce parts and assemblies.
- Operate metalworking machine tools, such as lathe, milling machines, or grinder to machine parts to specifications.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) and/or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in machine tooling techniques or related field is required
- Prefer prior experience in the circuit board industry.
- Experience working with various tooling and manufacturing equipment such as drill press and CNC equipment. • Knowledge of SPC-Statistical Process Controls
- Experience with writing Programs –G Code, M Code, and NC Language – (editing)
- Experience with using manual machines – mill, lathe and grinder
- Able to read and interpret documents such operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of mathematical calculations such as circumference, volume, basic algebra and geometry.
- Experience creating CAD drawings.
- Experience with CAM/CNC programming, Master Cam experience helpful.
- Knowledge of computer applications such as manufacturing software, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to use a micrometer, caliper, read and understand blueprints, process travelers, and operate optical and mechanical measuring equipment.
- Good organization skills and attention to detail.
- Able to work independently as well as a team player.
- Able to understand quality requirements.
- Familiar with safety regulations as they pertain to the job, such as LOTO Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. Refer to the job ID mentioned above and get one step closer to starting your new job at Henkel.
**If you are having a problem attaching a resume, you may attach a blank word document to proceed forward with the application**
Discover our winning culture: www.henkel.com/career