Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Largo, Florida
Job Code: 00144-11802
Days (rotating weekends)
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Certified Nursing Assistant performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
* Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
* Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
* Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
* Assists patients in ambulating.
* Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
* Performs non sterile dressing changes.
* Passes and collects bed pans.
* Changes bed linens.
* Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
* High School Graduate or equivalent required.
* Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association REQUIRED.
* Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program required.
* Florida Certification as a Nurse Assistant REQUIRED.
* Previous hospital experience is required.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology REQUIRED .
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Last Edited: 08/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.