Assistant Transportation Supervisor at Tempur Sealy
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
Tempur Sealy International, Inc. is the world's largest bedding provider. The company develops, manufactures, markets and distributes mattresses, adjustable bases, pillow and other sleep and relaxation products in approximately 100 countries. Combining a proud history and groundbreaking innovation, the company holds some of the most highly recognized brands in the industry, including Tempur®, Tempur-Pedic®, Sealy®, Sealy Posturepedic®, Optimum™ and Stearns & Foster®. Our comprehensive suite of bedding products offers a variety of products to consumers across a broad range of channels.
We recognize that our employees are our most important resource. As such, we strive to treat each individual with respect and courtesy and build an atmosphere characterized by strong teamwork, mutual trust and open communication.
The Assistant Transportation Supervisor is responsible for supporting the fleet operations at the plant level. This includes coordination and support over inbound and outbound freight movements, asset management, fleet safety compliance, driver dispatch support, and ensuring service levels meet or exceed customer requirements. This position will actively support the Transportation Supervisor and plant, regional, and corporate logistics initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support day-to-day fleet operations
- Support systems and initiatives to minimize inbound and outbound freight cost through focused cost management of plant and regional backhaul, fuel mpg and cpg, asset utilization, vehicle maintenance, accident and injury prevention, route optimization and other major cost categories.
- Support initiatives to ensure that equipment and driver performance standards are meeting company specifications and expectations
- Support of driver dispatch programs
- Use of logistics software for daily management including reconciliation of actual vs.. planned miles, driver fuel receipts vs. T-Chek and Penske reports and use of My Fleet at Penske for maintenance PO authorization.
- Support, measurement, and report daily/weekly/monthly KPI performance results
- Support, monitor, develop, and maintain fleet safety initiatives
- Accountable for interaction with the customer on an ongoing basis regarding outbound delivery status.
- Ensure internal and external customer satisfaction in all areas of delivery service
- Assist with Logistics data collection
- Assist with policy deployment
- Reconcile delivery/backhaul documents and enter data into the tracker
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with this job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
An Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minimum 3 years of transportation/logistics management experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Software Programs (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of FMCSA regulations
- Experience supporting CDL-A drivers
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Strong oral and written skills
Ideal Candidate Possess these Attributes
- Transportation and Logistics Professional
- Safety and service oriented
- Experience in fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks to juggle multiple priorities
- Flexibility to react to daily exceptions that arise in daily execution of plans in a positive manner
- Ability to succeed in a matrix organization and reach consensus within both organizations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled