Computational Advertising Scientist at Uncommon
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Who we are:
At Pandora, we're a unique collection of engineers, musicians, designers, marketers, and world-class sellers with a common goal: to enrich lives by delivering effortless personalized music enjoyment and discovery. People—the listeners, the artists, and our employees—are at the center of our mission and everything we do. Actually, employees at Pandora are a lot like the service itself: bright, eclectic, and innovative. Collaboration is the foundation of our workforce, and we’re looking for smart individuals who are self-motivated and passionate to join us. Be a part of the engine that creates the soundtrack to life. Discover your future at Pandora!
What you'll do:
As Senior Scientist, Advertising you’ll help us find out just how far we can go to bringing music to the world. We are dedicated to music because we think it has enormous potential to make people’s lives better -- and that dedication starts with our team; we want Pandora to be an amazing place to thrive in your career and we’re betting that when you take a look inside you’ll see why there might be a place here for you. Computational advertising brings in special challenges and opportunities here at Pandora. It might surprise you to learn that we are one of the largest mobile display advertisers and that we have over nine percent of the entire radio market here in the USA. And, the truly surprising part of this is that it’s only the beginning. For this special role we’re looking for someone with deep background in all facets of ad science with an interest in joining Pandora in its mission to unleash the infinite power of music.
- Work closely with our ads engineering and analytics teams to analyze and model complex advertising data
- Design and develop solutions for serving audio ads
- Use machine learning and information retrieval techniques to personalize the advertising experience for our listeners
- 5+ years progressive, relevant work experience
- Masters in a quantitative field with working knowledge of computer science.
- Strong background and appreciation for modern experimental design and practice, including A/B testing
- Proficiency in Java or another OO language
- Experience with Hive and/or Spark
- Experience with large scale applications in machine learning & statistical techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively with Product and Engineering teams as well as the ability to dive into production engineering systems
- Ph.D. in a quantitative field
- Mastery of the analysis and development of advertising systems for online consumer products or services