Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: SUGAR LAND, Texas
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital is looking to fill 10 positions for a temporary assignment with Sterile Processing. The assignment is 6-10 weeks.
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for the decontamination, inspection, sterilization and inventory of the instrument sets. The Sterile Processing Technician will assist the hospital in obtaining needed supply items and instruments for procedures. The tech will maintain the sterile supply room as well as the decontamination area. The Sterile Processing Technician practices in concert with the Hospital`s values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates working knowledge of sterile technique related to sterile processing.
2. Demonstrates working knowledge of sterile processing equipment and supplies.
3. Maintains appropriate records such as logs, sterilization records and count sheets.
4. Assists materials manager in maintaining inventories. Monitors and orders supplies to maintain par level.
5. Protects patient and family privacy rights and maintains confidentiality of patient records and computer security codes, as well as protects the integrity of privileged information.
6. Organizes the work flow, problem-solves, and manages multiple ongoing priorities with minimal supervision.
7. Receives information from various sources that is assimilated and communicated in an accurate, timely, and effective manner.
8. Maintains an orderly environment that facilitates access to supplies, manuals and other resource information.
9. Generally works well with others to make contributions to the work effort as a whole and facilitates problem resolution. Communication to promote both efforts is clear, professional and appropriate to the age of the patient served.
10. Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence) In maintaining an environment that assures all customers, all individuals, are treated with dignity and respect. Employee actively participates in making recommendations for improving working relationships in the department/unit.
11. Demonstrates Customer Service Standards (smiles and makes eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; takes 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
12. Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* 1 year experience in a sterile processing department preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
* Sterile processing certification preferred.
* Basic Life Support
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since 1998, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital has been serving Fort Bend and the surrounding counties. Residents have come to rely on a level of compassionate care and leading-edge technology that was once available only in the Texas Medical Center. With 243 licensed beds, 20 operating rooms and over 1,900 employees, Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital was designed to provide comprehensive, personalized care for the community. APPLY.