Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: East Chicago, Indiana
The Equipment Mechanic shall inspect, perform maintenance and repair equipment per the manufacturers' specifications on light to medium duty equipment. Additionally, must assure that all equipment is in safe operating condition and that all tags/markings required by our Safety Program are in place.
* Actively supports the Company's commitment to safety and its "Core Values".
* Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company's "Code of Business Conduct and Ethics".
* Operates and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
* Performs routine oil changes on equipment such as telehandlers, skid-steers, small generators, compressors and welders.
* Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using hoists and hand tools.
* Tests overhauled equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
* May repair, adjust, and maintain machinery.
* Identify safety hazards and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
* Maintain a clean and safe work area at all times.
* Work performed at on-site warehouse with occasional travel to job sites.
* Perform additional responsibilities, as needed.
* 6+ months previous experience working in a warehouse environment preferred.
* 3+ years' related experience in diesel mechanic for small and medium sized equipment and maintenance.
* Valid Driver's license required.
* An acceptable Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), per the company's established requirements in order to be eligible to operate a vehicle on company business.
* Ability to pass DOT Drug Test.
* Ability to do light welding is a plus.
* Working knowledge of construction equipment, including previous maintenance experience.
* A general knowledge of basic hand tools and specialty tools.
* Small and/or Medium equipment technician diploma would be an asset.
* Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.