Safety/Security Advisor at Adams and Associates
Posted in Education 2 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Francisco, CaliforniaJob Description:
Responsible for the preparation and serving of food and beverages for consumption by students. Participates in kitchen clean-up to facilitate sanitizing of all food service areas.
- In the absence of the Food Services Manager or Food Services Assistant Manager, manages Food Services staff. Interviews, recommends for hire, disciplines and evaluates staff performance.
- Oversees the cafeteria function during duty hours.
- Prepares and oversees the preparation and service of meals in accordance with established schedules, menus and procedures.
- Prepares menus, production schedules, and cleaning schedules ensuring sufficient quantity and quality meals, with care to meet the nutritional requirements and health standards.
- Prepares recipes that determine adequate food quantities requiring fractional and percentage calculations and measurements.
- Maintains the proper temperature of all prepared foods.
- Properly stores usable leftover foods.
- Properly disposes of unusable leftover foods.
- Ensures sanitation and cleanliness of all food service areas.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
May provide supervision and training to Job Corps' Work-Based Learning students. Will provide supervision and training to kitchen staff in coordination with the Food Services Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates of Arts degree from an accredited school preferred.
- Three years experience in food preparation, at least one of which must have been in institutional cooking required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be able to obtain ServeSafe credentials.
- Medical, dental, vision offered through Anthem Blue Cross
- Employee assistance plan
- Will preparation, identity theft program, and secure travel assist program
- 401(k) savings plan (after 1 year of employment)
- 11 paid Holidays per year
- 10 days of vacation and 10 days of sick per year (accrual based system)
- Commuter Benefits & Shuttle Service (varies)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.