Maintenance Technician at Adams and Associates
Posted in Education 2 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Francisco, CaliforniaJob Description:
Treasure Island Job Corps Center (TIJCC) is a vocational training program for low-income youth (ages 16 - 24) funded through the Department of Labor. Students are educated in vocational training programs like Culinary Arts, Plastering, Cement, and Certified Medical Assistant. In the event a student has not obtained a High School Diploma, they will be enrolled in a HSD program on center. It is our goal to train and educate our students to provide them with the necessary skills to join the workforce in their vocational area of study.
Assists in providing preventative and ongoing maintenance of Center facility, grounds and systems.
- Performs repair and preventive maintenance to facility and building systems on Center.
- May inspect the work of other maintenance personnel.
- Researches and recommends purchase of replacement equipment as needed.
- May be asked to oversee the training activities of students assigned to the maintenance area.
- May be asked to oversee the activities and quality of performance of outside contractors performing repairs and/or replacement of equipment.
- Conducts periodic inspections of building systems and equipment to ensure working quality.
- May coordinate activities with the Facilities Maintenance vocational training program, if applicable.
- Completes work orders as assigned in a timely manner.
- Provides student transport as necessary.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in building maintenance required.
- Technical certificate preferred. Working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical systems, HVAC systems, boilers and other building systems preferred
- Must possess a valid in-State Driver’s License and meet Company insurability requirements.
- Medical, dental, vision offered through Anthem Blue Cross
- Employee assistance plan
- Will preparation, identity theft program, and secure travel assist program
- 401(k) savings plan (after 1 year of employment)
- 11 paid Holidays per year
- 10 days of vacation and 10 days of sick per year (accrual based system)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.