Residential Advisor at Adams and Associates
Posted in Education 2 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Francisco, CaliforniaJob Description:
Treasure Island Job Corps Center (TIJCC) is a vocational training program for low-income youth (ages 16 - 24) funded through the Department of Labor. Students are educated in vocational training programs like Culinary Arts, Plastering, Cement, and Certified Medical Assistant. In the event a student has not obtained a High School Diploma, they will be enrolled in a HSD program on center. It is our goal to train and educate our students to provide them with the necessary skills to join the workforce in their vocational area of study.
Responsible for working with Residential team to provide students on respective dormitory with a safe, clean and structured living environment that fosters student retention, satisfaction, achievement and success. Provides individualized case management to maintain student enrollment and success in the program.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- Maintains a safe and clean dorm environment.
- Provides quality supervision to students in the dormitory.
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of incident and shift reports.
- Ensures the physical security of the dorm area and reports concerns to dorm supervisor.
- Maintains adequate levels of inventory per established department reorder points and proactively orders supplies to meet department requirement.
- Active member on case management and success teams to ensure student success in the program.
- work orders to make necessary repairs as required and follows-up with maintenance to ensure completion.
- May transport students to and from Center.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Advanced degrees preferred
- Associate or bachelors degree qualifies for salary increase to $17.60 per hour
- A minimum of one year Job Corps or related program experience required.
- A valid in-State Driver's License preferred.
- Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching.
- Demonstrates the ability to lift 40 pounds and / or the ability to assess the lift load in order to ask for necessary assistance.
- Medical, dental, vision offered through Anthem Blue Cross
- HRA account included at no cost with medical enrollment
- Employee assistance plan
- Will preparation, identity theft program, and secure travel assist program
- 401(k) savings plan (after 1 year of employment)
- 11 paid Holidays per year
- 10 days of vacation and 10 days of sick per year (accrual based system)
- Commuter Benefits & Shuttle Service (varies)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.