Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hercules, California
# of Openings
Bio-rad is in search of a seasoned planner, or planning support specialist, who is looking for a new challenge to support its global organization. You will be supporting and configuring IT planning systems, and sharing your planning skills and knowledge thus driving the success of Bio-Rad s Global Supply Chain. This position is part of the Global IT organization, in the IT ERP Center of Excellence (COE). The ideal candidate has a deep and thorough understanding of Global Supply Chain concepts and can configure and implement SAP IT system changes.
* The right candidate will mainly have responsibilities for the support of GAINS and SAP ERP.
* Mostly, support for Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP) and Material Requirements Planning (MRP) applications:
* Primary focus is on providing system and process support for planners in forecasting (in GAINS) and distribution planning (in SAP).
* Support, and test bug fixes in GAINS and SAP ERP applications.
* Develop and maintain reports using company standards.
* Help collect, analyze and document user requirements.
* Analysis of data to identify issues and propose corrective actions.
* Monitor and correct automated processing functions.
* Coordinate the conversion of data for project rollouts
* Assist the global planning team to design and test new procedures, ensuring the alignment of processes across systems.
* Assist global planning and manufacturing in the effective use of exception management tools.
* Educate planners on efficient use of planning strategy.
* Frequent communication with business users.
* Facilitate education sessions related to system functionality and planning techniques.
* Tracking of day to day issues.
* Coordinating between local IT and offshore vendor to provide technical resolution of issues.
* The position will be based on the Hercules campus, with some local and international travel requirements.
* Bachelor Degree with a major in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or Supply Chain.
* Five (5) or more years of Materials planning experience is a must.
* Forecasting, Planning, Manufacturing or Logistics experience preferred
* APIC s accreditation would be advantageous.
* Experience with SAP ECC in the planning and forecasting functions preferred.
* GAIN experience advantageous.
* Five (5) or more years of planning or software applications support experience.
* Experience using and configuring ERP IT systems, including applying and testing of bug fixes.
* Advanced reporting skills.
* Experience with reporting and data extract.
* Statistics, Math and SQL skills are highly desirable.
* Ability to perform business analysis and document process and data flows.
* Business acumen and communication with internal customers in a professional, confident manner.
* Ability to work with personnel at all organizational levels.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
* Uses initiative and is a self-starter.
* Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
* Problem solving skills and an attention to detail.
* Must be able to multi-task, and work under pressure.
* Computer literate, with excellent abilities on Microsoft Office products such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.