Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Monroe, Michigan
MA / Medical Assistant - Songco, Anthony Md - Full Time - Days
ProMedica - ProMedica Physicians & Continuum Services (PPCS) - PPG of MI - Songco, Anthony MD (1838)
Monroe, MI 48162-7813 US (Primary)
Being a part of a large family has advantages. With more than 500 ProMedica Physicians and advanced practice providers, our network is the region s most complete, with connections to leading hospitals and a wide spectrum of health services. ProMedica Physicians have locations serving northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan, all working together with a single mission: the health of our communities.
The Medical Assistant is a key member of a patient centric care delivery model for high quality and service within the office setting. Performs at or above the standards of care set for the superior patient experience in clinical and non-clinical settings. Able to proficiently and effectively navigate through multiple information technology platforms and applications to provide and support best practices/protocols, value based care, supporting, implementing, and demonstrating the core values of ProMedica.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Prepares the patient for the visit by gathering base line data from the patient, documenting reasons for the visit and obtaining vitals/office testing. Anticipates and prepares the patient, clinical equipment and supplies for the visit.
* Performs specific specialized tests (i.e. pulmonary function tests, phlebotomy procedures) as needed.
* Provides excellent patient service by documenting information accurately, promptly and legibly in order to meet regulatory or MU requirements. Utilizes medical charts, forms, practice management systems and all forms of electronic communication efficiently.
* Demonstrates clinical knowledge and focuses on customer service to answer and triage patient telephone calls. Records complete and accurate messages and obtains necessary instructions from providers and nurses, etc. when appropriate.
* Provides for a safe patient experience through adherence to clinical protocols, regulatory requirements, manufacturer standards and reports any potential equipment malfunctions or safety violations.
* Supports internal and external customers, to maintain a superior customer experience across the continuum of care through teamwork. Communicates professionally with patients, providers, and co-workers at all times. Actively participates and is engaged in staff meetings.
* May function as a medical Scribe. Must follow System Policy SP17-14 while functioning in this role.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support core values.
* Must be a high school graduate or its equivalent.
* Completion of a recognized MA program at an accredited college or university or possess equivalent experience.
* Able to promote a strong commitment towards achieving outstanding internal and external customer satisfaction and superior patient experience.
* Registration or Certification as a Medical Assistant through accredited body; or active license from applicable state as an LPN, or RN required.
* Or obtain licensure/certification within 90 days of hire
* BLS (CPR), must present a current BLS course card from the AHA at time of employment
* Or obtain certification within 90 days of hire
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details