Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Torrance, California
POSITION: Senior Specialist Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental
This position will provide full time environmental health and safety & quality support to the facilities department and operations group as needed and will ensure that all practices are in compliance with all federal, state, local and L Oreal requirements. The position will be responsible for coordinating safety and regulatory programs and support the development and coordination of training programs. Position will support multiple NYX Professional Makeup facilities
* Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by L Oreal.
* Compile monthly statistics for monthly safety and environmental QIS reports i.e. training hours, SIO, MESURS, transportable waste.
* Support the Quality and Environmental missions of the Plant
* Coordinate and attend all progressive and inspection committee meetings and document and communicate the minutes and SIO s generated
* Insure shared system contains all processes and procedures including OSHAS 18001 EHS Manual
* Coordinate MESURS, SHAPs, and Ergonomic Assessments
* Supports Open Manufacturing, regarding the quality control testing of packaging components, bulk and finished goods;
* Provide daily support to the facilities and operations department in the guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee / supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach
* Responsible for assisting the facilities group in the identification of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
* Support the facilities department to ensure that the contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with L Oreal policies and safety requirements.
* Responsible for quality control testing and release of components, bulk, WIP, and finished goods;
* Generate and manage purchase orders in SRM for vendors
* Maintain and update as needed SOP s for all safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in the day to day training.
* Provide advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working.
* Perform quality control testing according to the L Oreal DGO methods
* Support and contribute to the Site Training Plans by assisting with employee orientations; emergency response training; and coordination of general safety training.
* Support the facilities department with inspections by all outside agencies and or internal groups and document and track the correction of all potential deficiencies
* Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements;
* Assist with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency One Plans & Procedures.
* Assist in the review of incident reports, which occur in the area of responsibility and reporting and managing the corrective actions.
* Maintain filing systems regarding worker training and safety.
* Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies and co- chair the Safety and inspection Committees.
* Coordinate training programs using IHS Compliance Suite.
* Train on the OSHA 300 reporting methods and support HR in this area
* Maintain Hazardous Waste Manifests and ensure proper documentation.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED
* Must have obtained a Bachelor s Degree
* Willing to obtain additional training i.e. OHSA 30 certification, SHE fundamentals
* Minimum of three year experience in the support of the Environmental Health and Safety department preferred.
* Intermediate computer skills (e.g. MS Office including Excel and Word) are essential.
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
* Experience with OSHAS 18001 preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.