Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Sterling, Virginia
*** U.S. citizenship is required by law, regulation, and government contract. ***
At REI Systems, we deliver solutions that make a difference and empower people. We are a 3-time Washington Post Top Workplace winner, placing on the 2018 list for fostering our fun and caring environment.
We are seeking a Sr. DevOps Developer to join our Application Development and Visualization Group. REI Systems will empower the DevOps Developer to make the software development team they support more agile and effective while increasing velocity.
"REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)"
* Serve as a primary point of contact for developers, architects, and quality assurance engineers in the areas of automation, build management, continuous integration, release management, capacity planning, and application performance.
* Serve as DevOps architect, primary technical lead and customer POC for customer DevOps engagements.
* Provide escalation support for operations staff to troubleshoot application issues in production environments related to performance or scalability.
* Automate server deployment and configuration using technology including AWS, Azure, Docker, Chef and Ansible.
* Automate security processes and tool execution to deliver prompt feedback to developers.
* Work with server-side software on multiple platforms Linux platforms, determine best practice configurations for a variety of enterprise workloads.
* Design release management processes and consult with development teams to implement best practice workflows in an Agile working environment.
* Develop re-usable tools and solutions to aid in the support, maintenance, and deployment of enterprise systems and applications.
* Implement monitoring software and capture/analysis tools to provide application performance insights to development teams which capture server-side and end-user experience.
* Support solutions architects and system administrations with cloud application migration.
* Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of the objectives, methodology and execution of all types of automated quality tests including unit, functional, integration, security and performance testing.
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related discipline.
* An advanced degree in a related discipline may be substituted for three years of experience.
* 8+ years of experience with application and systems engineering in a development-driven organization or team.
* This position requires experience with automation tools such as:
* Chef, or Ansible combined with a basic understanding of object-oriented programming, and continuous integration using Jenkins.
* 3+ years experience managing teams responsible for automated testing involving unit, functional and integration tests.
Employer will accept a suitable combination of education, training or experience.