Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bennington, Vermont
Granite City Electric Supply is the area\'s premiere electrical distributor serving electrical contractors as well as residential, commercial and industrial customers for over 90 years. With 27 branches covering Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Vermont and Connecticut, we are the largest regional independent electrical supply company and the official distributor of electrical supplies to the Boston Red Sox.
To manage the overall operation of the store in accordance with Company policies and procedures, to insure high levels of customer service satisfaction and that customers receive value-add services in a timely and professional manner; ensuring a competitive advantage and accountable for financial performance of the branch.
* Proactive sales development of accounts around the stores location in an effort to increase sales.
* Train, supervise, and coach associates in products, procedures and selling skills. Facilitate development of their potential.
* Delegate and assign duties necessary for the smooth and efficient running of the facility / general maintenance.
* Responsible for inventory control.
* Coordinate policy changes, sales efforts, promotions and specials in a professional and profitable manner.
* Keep associates informed and up to date about the Company, product and code changes, local trends and the economy.
* Provide customer quotations and product information as requested.
* Promote teamwork and interdepartmental cooperation.
* Analyzes situations, identifies problems, identifies and evaluates alternative courses of action.
* Demonstrates emphasis on improving quality of staff, systems, and environment.
* Gives and receives feedback and evaluation as an improvement tool.
* Sets measurable goals and evaluates achievement of goals.
* P&L Responsibility.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience.
* Minimum 3 years in sales /supervisory capacity at an electrical distributor.
* Business, construction or electrical industry exposure.
* Equivalent education or experience may be substituted for any of the above.
* Embrace GCE core values; Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Respect and apply to each business interaction; internal and external.
* Exercise necessary cost control measures.
* Strive to maintain positive internal and external customer service relationships.
* Must be able to demonstrate effective leadership skills.
* Must demonstrate effective communication skills by conveying necessary information accurately, listening effectively and asking questions when clarification is needed.
* Must be able to be depended upon to plan and organize work effectively and ensure its completion.
* Will be expected to meet all productivity requirements.
* Must be able to demonstrate team behavior and must be willing to promote a team-oriented environment.
* Is expected to represent the organization professionally at all times.
* Must be able to demonstrate initiative, strives to continually improve processes and relationships.
* Adaptability / flexibility / willing to change & adjust with business conditions.
* Recruit, retain and provide ongoing professional development.
* Coach-able & actively participates in coaching process.
* Provide on-going training and coaching of direct reports, and ensure that training and coaching is provided to all staff members.
* Team player, Multi-tasker.
* Works with a sense of urgency.
* Manages and directs a staff that may include the following positions; Counter Sales, Inside Sales, Showroom Sales and Housekeeping.
Granite City offers competitive wages and great benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life, STD/LTD, 401k, vacation, holiday, sick and more! Join our team and work among the best in the industry!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Granite City Electric uses E-Verify.