Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Monroe, Michigan
Housekeeper - Monroe Skilled Nursing and Rehab - Part Time - Rotating
Operations / Services / Trades
ProMedica - ProMedica Monroe Regional Hospital (MRH) - Monroe Community Health Serv - Environmental Services (8630)
Monroe, MI 48162-7813 US (Primary)
ProMedica is a locally-owned, nonprofit health system providing quality health care services to 27 counties in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. We re a network of hospitals, physicians, health care professionals, researchers, and specialty clinics and facilities. We offer a full range of diagnostic, medical, and surgical specialties in areas such as emergency medicine and trauma, heart and vascular, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, women s services, and children s services
Under general supervision and following established policies and procedures, performs a variety of cleaning tasks in order to maintain the ProMedica Skilled Nursing and Rehab in an orderly, sanitary, and attractive condition for patients, visitors, and employees.
*Denotes Essential Duties
*1. Selects and obtains materials and supplies from designated areas; loads and transports cart to assigned areas.
*2. Cleans assigned areas by performing duties such as washing furnishings, tile, fixtures, and equipment with germicidal/disinfectant/chemical cleaning solutions; scouring and polishing sinks, tubs, toilets, and mirrors; spot washing walls, telephones, and so forth; dusts and polishes furniture, blinds, windows, sills, and the like.
*3. Vacuums, sweeps, dust mops and wet mops floors, strips, wax, and buffs floors using germicidal cleaning solutions and solutions to attend to the floors.
*4. Empties waste baskets/containers (including sharps containers in patient rooms and other hazardous waste following required procedures) and disposes of trash in designated areas and replaces waste bags in appropriate receptacles.
*5. Collects trash and soiled linen from floors and/or collection areas; takes trash to be compacted; takes linen to designated area, checks that isolation linen is handled appropriately.
*6. Arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion after cleaning assigned area. May be required to move furniture between rooms in assigned area.
*7. After dismissal of patient, strips, washes, may remake beds, and washes other furniture as necessary.
*8. Monitors use of supplies, materials, and equipment in assigned area and restocks items as needed. Responds to requests from nursing units for linen or housekeeping supplies.
*9. May climb ladders to clean windows, reach high areas, and the like.
*10. Sets up meeting rooms as requested.
*11. May deliver and/or pick up linens, etc.
*12. Identifies, and reports to supervision, conditions requiring repair and/or maintenance work to be ordered.
*13. Maintains storage areas, equipment, and carts in a clean and orderly condition.
*14. Uses automatic washer/dryer to clean cloths, mop heads and miscellaneous items as needed.
Communicate and have a commitment to the mission, vision and values of PSNR. Committed to the Patient Centered Care philosophy and work towards the culture change of eliminating hopelessness, loneliness and boredom of our elders.
Incorporate the Patient Centered Care Theory by helping create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility.
*17. Performs other duties as assigned including but not limited to any housekeeping and/or linen assignment within the hospital.
LINEN ASSIGNMENT DUTIES
*Denotes Essential Duties
*1. Receives linen from venders.
*2. Checks linens to assure that all lint has been removed.
*3. Prepares linen packs to be delivered to the various PSNR departments.
*4. Delivers linens to storage/stock areas and from storage/stock areas to departments as necessary.
*5. Inspects all articles for stains, tears, etc., reports damaged to department manager.
*6. Washes and dries linens such as bedside drapes, cleaning clothes, and "scrubs" as requested, in automatic washing/drying machines.
*7. Receives dirty linens from MMNC departments; sorts, counts, and wash soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc,, in accordance with established procedures.
*8. Receives new/clean linen, sorts, bags, fold, count, stack, hang, and carts new linen to nursing units daily and/or as instructed.
*9. Records linen complaints in accordance with quality assurance standards.
*10. Clean laundry and resident clothing carts daily.
*11. Empties and takes out trash daily from work area.
*12. Clean washing machines daily in accordance with established procedures.
*13. Clean dryers daily. Clean lint filters as directed per manufacture s guidelines.
*14. Performs other duties as assigned including but not limited to any environmental and/or linen assignment within PSNR.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. The ability to follow written and verbal instructions, including usage of cleaning products/materials, health and safety practices, policies and procedures and MSDA (Material Safety Data Sheets).
2. The ability to work independently, to organize and complete normal work assignments within time requirements while handling interruptions and sometimes high volume.
3. The physical ability required for considerable standing, walking, stooping, bending, reaching, pushing, kneeling, twisting, climbing (ladders), lifting, and carrying (up to 45 lbs.).
1. Generally good work environment; however, some exposure to unpleasant odors, hazardous solvents, cleaning solutions, and/or considerable dust and dirt.
2. Performing job duties requires routine work in patient care areas, which may involve exposure, or the potential for exposure, to infectious materials and communicable diseases.
MINIMUM LEVEL OF PREPARATION AND TRAINING
NORMALLY REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB
1. Ability to read, (e.g., hazardous chemical warnings) communicate (verbally & written concerning job duties when necessary) and perform simple arithmetic calculations (e.g., measurements for cleaning solutions) used in performing job functions.
2. Experience in institutional cleaning and laundry preferred.
3. Requires at least one to two weeks on-the-job training required to become familiar with hospital layout, housekeeping policies, procedures and work assignments.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or