Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Savannah, Georgia
OBG has become more than an engineering solutions company throughout our history of creating a better future since 1945. At the center of our story are clients ranging from advanced manufacturers to higher education, federal agencies, and municipalities. These clients trust us to deliver sustainable solutions and integrate innovative technology to solve the evolving advanced manufacturing, energy, environmental, and water challenges of today and tomorrow.
OBG is currently seeking an engineer or scientist for our growing Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) practice. The successful candidate will work out of our Savannah, Georgia office to service our industrial and institutional clients in Coastal Georgia, South Carolina and Florida. This position will provide project support to OBG's National Compliance Practice in the Southeast Region and throughout the country. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Conduct EHS regulatory reviews for various EHS programs (air, waste, wastewater, petroleum and chemical bulk storage, etc.)
* Contribute to the preparation of EHS plans, reports, permit applications and other project documents; assist in technical evaluations of data commensurate with experience
* Provide support for field programs and perform field tasks (sampling, complete field documentation, site inspections, contractor oversight) working independently or in a team under the supervision of mid or senior level staff
* Interact with internal subject matter experts (SMEs), internal management, and our clients
* Complete general engineering and scientific calculations and assessments
* Perform data entry and database management using Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel Software
* Prepare drawings and figures using a Geographic Information System (GIS) database
* Individual must be capable of completing above tasks with basic supervision
Skills & Qualifications
* B.S. in Chemical, Civil/Environmental Engineering, or Environmental Science required
* 0-3 years of experience in the EHS consulting field or a related industrial position
* Highly motivated, team-oriented individual to work in a fast-paced environment, with the desire and skills to advance to a management-level position
* Excellent written/verbal communication skills are required
* Travel (25-50%) primarily to job sites throughout Southeast, required
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.