Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Ashburn, Virginia
Log back in!
Job Locations US-VA-Ashburn
Posted Date 2 days ago(2 days ago)
# of Openings
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer s mission and the user s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed from adaptation to innovation drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for managing critical contractual formation and management, obligations of high risk and visibility. You will need to bring a high degree of independent and creative judgment applied to highest-level goals and objectives of the company and an understanding of FAR/DFARS, GSA Federal Schedules, Federal IDIQ, GWAC contracts and supplemental acquisition regulations of government agencies
* Provides contractual domain expertise in implementation, execution and administration for both competitive type contracts as well as sole source, directed Prime and subcontract customer awards, Reseller Agreements, as well as Subcontract/Procurement support
* Provides guidance and leadership to cross-functional business team members to identify risk assessment and mitigation
* Reviews complex solicitations and prepares routine response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications for both products and services. May prepare complex requests for proposals
* Negotiates proposals, contract modifications, and agreements as required within the limits of authority delegated by the upper management
* Provides contractual guidance to business team members to develop appropriate Statement of Work
* Notify upper management and site Program Management of potential non-compliance and other problems that could have an adverse impact to the company
* Manages and integrates daily work activities to ensure efficient compliance with corporate, contract, and legal requirements
* Acts as advisor regarding legal requirements, customer contract requirements, and government regulations
* Manages the process for updating contract information in the contracts database ensuring all data is current and complete
* May mentor and train less experienced professionals
* Manages the proper coordination of various types of agreements, subcontracts and other contract/legal documents with accounting, legal, program management and other organizations as necessary
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in related field or 10+ years of experience in government procurement, program management, regulations, policies, and procedures
* Knowledge of Service Contract Act, Truth in Negotiations Act, False Claims Act, Antikickback Statute, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
* Excellent use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues
* Strong internal and external negotiation and analytical skills. Good presentation, leadership, communication and team-building skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with strong experience working with spreadsheets .