Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Job Code: 00031-14175
Days (rotating weekends)
PARKRIDGE MEDICAL CENTER CHATTANOOGA, TN
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) MEDICAL/SURGICAL
PARKRIDGE MEDICAL CENTER has served the community for nearly 40 years. Over the years, we have built a reputation for advanced technology and compassionate care, making us a hospital of choice for patients seeking quality treatment in the community. From our comprehensive cardiac services program to orthopedics and oncology care at The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center at Parkridge, we are proud to be one of Chattanooga s best hospitals for healing. Parkridge Medical Center was the first hospital in the area to offer robotic surgery, and features the area s most knowledgeable and experienced robotic surgery team. The Parkridge Medical Center Emergency Department is an Accredited Chest Pain Center, making it a natural choice for those suffering from cardiovascular events when every minute matters.
PARKRIDGE is currently looking for a REGISTERED NURSE (RN) MEDICAL/SURGICAL working days 7a - 7p (3 /12 hour shifts with rotating weekends)
* Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
* TN RN License required
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
* Must be a Graduate of an accredited RN Program
* 1 year Med/Surg experience preferred
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 09/20/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.