Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hercules, California
# of Openings
Bio-Rad is seeking a Project Manager to join the Life Science Group. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated and proactive leader who is passionate about science and actively managing project teams to achieve business goals.
The primary responsibility of the project manager is to lead new product development projects from conception through commercialization.
The successful candidate will be able to partner with cross-functional teams to move products to market quickly while maintaining high standards of quality. A strong scientific background and excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory.
* Creating and executing project plans/timelines.
* Creating and maintaining project records including a design history file.
* Ensuring thoroughness, accuracy, and high quality of project documentation.
* Identifying potential project risk and guiding team around potential obstacles.
* Managing critical path items and successfully removing team roadblocks.
* Leveraging well developed interpersonal skills to build & maintain positive working relationships with functional groups throughout the organization.
* Identify interdependencies and look for strategic ways to facilitate project success.
* Use strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and active facilitation to enable effective team meetings and high performance teams.
* Must demonstrate active leadership.
* BS degree is chemistry, biology, or similar scientific field; Agile, Scrum, and/or PMP certification is a plus.
* 1-3 years in a project leadership role in a highly technical field.
* Experience in a highly regulated industry such as invitro-diagnostics, medical device or pharmaceuticals; IVD CE and FDA PMA/510(k) is a strong plus.
* Willingness and ability to occasionally travel (5-10%; domestic and international).
* Must be a proactive leader with ownership of project deliverables.
* Must have a strong balance between science and business acumen with a deep desire to deliver business value to the organization.
* Able to articulate extremely complex information throughout the organization.
* Excellent communication skills (written and oral), interpersonal skills, analytical/problem solving skills, negotiation skills, cross-functional team leadership skills and goal setting skills required.
* Effective presentation and meeting skills within all levels of the organization and with a wide variety of external/internal colleagues and collaborators.
* Strong computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel, Project, Visio and database).
* Ability to think strategically and creatively in leading project teams through obstacles and/or finding the best path forward.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.