Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Shawneetown, Illinois
Founded in 1818, Bunge is a leading agribusiness and food company with integrated operations that circle the globe, stretching from the farm field to the retail shelf. Bunge has 35,000 plus employees at more than 400 facilities in 40 countries.
Bunge's North American operations supply raw and processed agricultural commodities and specialized food ingredients to a wide range of customers in the animal feed, food processor, foodservice and bakery industries. With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, Bunge North America and its subsidiaries operate grain elevators, oilseed processing plants, edible oil refineries and packaging facilities, and corn, wheat and rice mills in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Conduct commercial and trading activities associated with multiple grain origination and by-product marketing for Elevator Operations.
- Trade grain and other products and by products at terms that contribute to maximizing company profits
- Manage grain, futures, and by-product positions
- Order processing for spreads, hedging and crush positions
- Perform detailed logistics management and low-cost analysis scenarios
- Initiate and/or respond to customer inquiries regarding grade reporting, accounting, bids, hours, contract status, etc. in a manner that exceeds the customer s expectations
- Maintain relationships with elevators, farmers, livestock producers, feed mills; and meet/exceed Client Relations Programs goals, objectives and expectations
- Facilitate communications and exchange of business information between division and plants
- Assist in evaluating and communicating changing crop and market conditions to appropriate managers in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in the maintenance of U.S. production and supply and demand analysis for corn, beans and wheat
- Work closely with division, trading, accounting, and credit management
- Bachelor s degree in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Business, General Business, Finance or up to 4 years education in a comparable discipline required
- Prior education or experience in business, economics, agriculture, or commodity trading with demonstrated analytical aptitude
- Must possess the ability to develop a full and thorough knowledge of Bunge s plant operations, logistics and safety procedures and accounting functions
- Basic knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, market values, pricing and margin factors, highly preferred
- Sales knowledge and negotiations skills and working knowledge of cash commodity trading and Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) experience desirable
- Organizational skills and program execution capabilities required
- Proficient written and communication skills needed
- Proficiency with applicable computer software packages, as needed, including Microsoft Word and Excel
Regular business office hours and occasional weekend work during peak/seasonal periods
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled