Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bee Cave, Texas
Job Description SummaryThe Guest Services Representative is responsible for consistently delivering results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the hotel by accomplishing performance objectives covering the front desk and is support for the hotel. The Guest Service Representative is the guest’s most common point of contact and therefore, represents the brand as all guests enter the hotel.
• Registers and assigns rooms to guests.
• Issues room keys to guests and gives instructions to bell persons or directly to guests as appropriate.
• Keeps records of room availability and guest accounts.
• Computes bill, collects payments and makes change for guests.
• Makes, confirms and cancels reservations for guests.
• Posts all charges as necessary to guests’ accounts.
• Answers inquire pertaining to hotel services, shopping, dining, and entertainment and travel directions.
• May make restaurant, transportation or entertainment reservations for guests.
• Transmits and receives messages using equipment such as a telephone, fax and switchboard.
• Handles or routes guest problems to appropriate departments.
• Follows strict credit and billing policies and procedures.
• Cooperate with other departments needing assistance to properly accommodate the guest and future clients.
• Adheres to all Sonesta Service Standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Minimum one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of a foreign language is preferred.
Must have strong knowledge of computers, and Hotel operating systems. Knowledge of OPERA is preferred.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.