Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Supports the Admissions Department’s activities in the pre-admission, admission, discharge, Admission Coordinator & Director of Admissions Back-Up training and follow-up processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Coordinates resident / patient referral and approval process.
• Conducts tours of facility with potential residents / patients and their family members.
• Tracks pre-admission referral activity daily / weekly.
• Assists the Admissions Manager with arrangements and confirmation of all admissions. Notifies Departments of anticipated admission.
• Assures contracts are completed on a timely basis.
• Ensures specialized equipment is ordered as indicated (reviews contract content for need to obtain prior approval from authorized payer).
• Ensures level of care approval obtained as indicated and / or OBRA screen (PASSAR, MIMR) is completed.
• Completes records and documentation in accordance with company policy and state and federal guidelines.
• Primary Back-Up for the Director of Admissions when out on PTO, FMLA or the Director of Admissions position is open.
• Training of Admission Coordinator Responsibilities and monthly “Job Shadowing” coordination with the designated Admission Coordinator Back-Up as indicated in the Admissions Team Back-Up Process.
• Receives Director of Admissions Responsibility Training and monthly “Job Shadowing” coordination with Director of Admissions.
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
• One or more years experience in health care education/ marketing / insurance or commensurate educations preferred.
• Must be familiar with medical terminology.
• Proficient in the use of personal computer.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Working in normal office environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, use keyboard, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift medium to heavy objects including assisting with the movement of Residents. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident’s protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law. Agrees to adhere to and oversee communication of privacy guidelines relative to the confidentiality of residents' protected health information.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply, please contact Jack West, HR Manager at 407-756-6442.
See job description