Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Piscataway, New Jersey
The overall purpose of this position is to support relationships within consensus building groups/ecosystems. The incumbent in this position serves as a front-line resource to identify/alert IEEE to potential legal liability, communicating/implementing of policy changes to committees (i.e., development of training material); contributes to proposals in policy changes with the SASB committees as needed; and identifies opportunities to expedite the process through possible changes in policy, tools and training. The role reports to the department head or other department manager of the Operational Program Management department. This position works under substantial level of supervision and may assist in the requesting vendor bids and make recommendations for projects that require external resources.
The incumbent engages with consensus developing groups; provides coaching, mentoring and training to the collaboration and consensus ecosystem on the standards development process; participates in the governance ad-hoc committees; supports the implementation of policy changes to committees (i.e., development of training material); and identifies opportunities to expedite the process through possible changes in policy, tools and training.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
Management of Standards Development Process and Committees
• Develops experience-based knowledge to engage politically sensitive and high-value/high-profile projects and groups
• Provides accurate, timely, proactive and professional direction to pre-standardization and standards developing committees in such matters as procedures, meeting management, tools, legal, technology and global issues that are consistent with IEEE-SA practices and policy, including internal (departmental) practices and messaging
• Ensures that due process is met during the standards development process by monitoring developments, researching related complaints/issues from and about committees and cultivating good relationships with participants.
• Serves as a front-line resource to identify/alert IEEE to potential legal liability
• Supports the establishment positive relationships with standards development and collaboration and consensus community to assist in aiding the standards development process (SASB/committee/working group/societies) including effective conflict, issue and problem resolution.
• Assistswith defining requirements for tools to reduce the administrative burden on collaboration and consensus community members, resulting in a positive comparison of IEEE to other SDOs
• Supports the coordination agreements with external entities and be aware of Working Group agreements
• Participates in special project teams on an as-needed basis to address potential changes, issues or new policy and procedures.
• Provides input to the training material for staff and volunteers
• Provides front line diagnosis, remedy, and/or referral for constituent tool and service challenges
• Provides the following input for professional service contracts: services and schedule that will meet the need of the client; appropriate terms and condition; deliverables, fees, and fund raising guidance
• Manages the finances of assigned groups including invoicing, and profit and loss determination, and provide timely and accurate forecasts.
Other associated tasks and duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience; Technical degree a plus
• 3+ years related industry experience, with a focus on program or project management in a technical environment
• Must be familiar with project management concepts/skills
• Must possess organizational and professional interpersonal/communication skills, the ability to work well under deadlines, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Should have experience in ensuring adherence to processes and policies, as well as best practices
• Experience working with a diverse, global community is preferred
• Advanced written and oral communications skills are preferred
• Should possess situational awareness and ability to escalate conflict/conflict resolution in the areas of oversight
• Knowledge of engineering and technical industries preferred
• Be familiar with the value and use of standards in global marketplaces
• Be familiar with the standards development process, the standards environment, and potential legal liabilities
• Develop the ability to monitor technical, political and economic forces that affect the standards development process
• Develop the ability to sense issues, inappropriate behavior and activities and communicate/escalate effectively
• Valid passport or the ability to obtain a valid passport within 6 months of the date of hire (moderate travel required)
• Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge and use of databases and online/web-based interfaces
For information on work demands and conditions required for this position, please consult the reference document, “Physical, Mental, and Work Environment Standards for IEEE Positions.” This position is classified under (Category I—Office Position).
IEEE is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.