Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Miami, Florida
Job Code: 26110-10535
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) , PRN (FTE .01)
Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida for more than 60 years. As a comprehensive acute healthcare facility, Mercy offers a full range of services to the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. Licensed for 488-beds, Mercy Hospital is accredited by Joint Commission. Mercy is affiliated with more than 1,000 physicians representing a wide range of medical specialties.
As Miami-Dade County s only Catholic hospital, Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida and affiliated with HCA East Florida Division. Since its inception in 1950, Mercy Hospital has maintained its reputation for excellence while following the Catholic tradition of caring for God s people and providing spiritual support. Mercy Hospital is dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves.
Mercy Hospital is a member of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere s World s Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
WE OFFER A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE FOR FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME INCLUDING: VACATION, 401K, AND MEDICAL INSURANCE.
Under the supervision and/or direction of the Nurse Manager/Director, Nurse Supervisor, RN, LPN the Certified Nursing Assistant performs various direct patient care activities in accordance with Department policy and procedures.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
* Completes patient vital signs,input/output,blood glucose checks, daily weight and other tasks as assigned and notify nurse with significant changes.
* Answers patient call lights promptly and reports patient needs to assigned nursing personnel for follow up.
* Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to volume, census, and acuity.
* Follows through with assignments and informs supervisor if unable to complete tasks.
* Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for completion of assignments and delivery of safe effective and appropriate care in a timely and accurate manner.
* Explains all treatment and care to the patient and/or family members.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
* High school or equivalent
* 0-2 years experience in Hospital or Nursing Home facility
* Certified Nursing Assistant Licensure required
* Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
* Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
* Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written).
Last Edited: 10/15/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.