Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Columbia City, Indiana
POSITION: Mechanical Engineer (Naval Systems)
Columbia City, IN
JOB ID: 134
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Provide design support for development and production programs. Design, develop and test mechanical solutions to new and production project requirements. Provide tool and molding expertise to development and production teams. Devise, lead and document engineering test activities. Perform failure analysis and work up 8-D review on all field and internal defects. Interface with manufacturing to provide analysis, test and troubleshooting support for production activities and test stations. Lead mechanical design changes via ECN. Travel to partners and Government facilities to support sub-assembly and system-level testing activities at those facilities.
* BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related studies with 4+ years related experience.
* Knowledge and experience with injections mold tooling design and build.
* Must be willing to travel to customer owned test sites to conduct lot acceptance testing (estimated at 10%)
* Experience with 8-D failure analysis tool
* Ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U. S. citizens
* Knowledge and experience with engineering development and design process
* Experience with molding and tool design.
* Candidate must be trained in mechanical design and test.
* Knowledge of flow analysis and injection mold materials.
* Creo and mechanical engineering drawing development experience, as well as laboratory experience is desired
* Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), presentation skills, as well as an ability to work well with others.
* Strong analytical skills
* Production/Manufacturing experience is desirable.
USSI is a trusted supplier of active and passive sonobuoys; advanced autonomous sensor systems; acoustic hailing and voice projection equipment. It also designs and manufactures portable power solutions in the 50W - 300W range. Its solid oxide fuel cells run on propane and provide more power in less space than competing technologies.
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security, energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Ultra Electronics is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V
Ultra Electronics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or gender identity. In addition to federal law requirements, Ultra Electronics complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
If you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email email@example.com