Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Ogden, Utah
Primary Function: Responsible for removing gating from castings.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
* Select grinding equipment, belts, and fixtures.
* Grinds casting while maintaining dimensional tolerances.
* Uses measurement tools to ensure proper dimensional tolerances.
* Mills out part when needed
* Rough blasts parts.
* Responsible for role of finisher as required.
* Maintains lot integrity.
* Ensures paperwork is properly done.
* Helps other areas as needed.
Minimum Job Requirements:
* Able to work in a production environment.
* Able to read and comprehend English.
* Able to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with tens and 100s.
* Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. continuously.
* Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
* Able to communicate effectively with co-workers.
* Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Able to write simple correspondence.
* Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Near vision requirement is Jaeger J1 in on eye, at no less than 12 inches; or equivalent, or Jaeger J2 in one eye, at no less than 16 inches. Corrected or uncorrected.
* Complies with company and departmental policies and procedures, including company s attendance policy.
* Able to meet individual productivity requirements.
* Able to meet internal quality requirements.
* High school diploma or GED
Normal Working Conditions
* Typical noise required for the work environment of this job is Loud Noise. (Appropriate ear protection is required.)
* Works under indirect supervision following established practices and clear-cut policies in the performance of the majority of duties.
* Makes decisions when general instructions, established methods and clearly defined precedents indicate action to be taken, but refers unusual problems to superiors.
* Environmental conditions encountered continuously include work near moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration.
* Occasional walking, using hands to handle or feel, reaching above shoulder level, stooping or squatting, talking and hearing.
* Continuous standing, reaching below shoulder level, and pushing or pulling.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.