This position provides analytical, technical, and operational support in the management of logistics and transportation programs and service to ensure quality logistics performance at optimum cost.
- Manages analysis and report development on transportation operations to ensure compliance with established carrier and shipping policies and procedures.
- Streamline and develop logistics metrics, lead effort to gather and analyze data to generate corrective actions to improve logistics operations, cost, and service.
- Work with SBUs to lead and track cost savings initiatives and transportation projects.
- Respond to day-to-day carrier and logistics operations issues, establish as the go to for logistics issues resolution for domestic and/or export modes of transport.
- Develop and implement measurable processes to ensure timely and accurate payment to carriers across multiple freight payment systems.
- Provide both direct and indirect supervision to members of the GSM logistics operations team on day to day operations, escalated issues, and initiatives from GSM leadership.