Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: EAST BERNARD, Texas
Kinder Morgan owns and operates North America's largest natural gas pipeline system. We are currently looking to add a Crew Lead to our Pipeline Project Support Division located in East Bernard, TX. As a working member of the team, Crew Lead supervision will include coaching employees, conducting performance reviews, participating in employment and termination decisions and providing technical training. This position requires extensive skill, knowledge and experience operating and maintaining heavy equipment (backhoe, track hoe, side boom, skid steer and dozer) or welding operations. The Crew Lead is responsible for leading personnel in the daily activities associated with constructing and maintaining pipelines, interconnections, meter stations and pigging and valve facilities. Plans and schedules work crews, contractors and construction support services such as NDE to meet project deadlines. Detailed project cost tracking by the Crew Lead is required of all projects managed by the Crew Lead. Other responsibilities include performing hot tapping, completing follow up work based on data received from pigging operations, managing pipe change-outs, following hazardous work plans (including hot work permitting and lock out/tagout), and installation of fabricated assemblies. Position is required to be knowledgeable of OSHA safety regulations and DOT pipeline regulations. Also required is knowledge identifying and re-mediating hazards before and during the team's work, building a team with a strong commitment to doing tasks safely at all times. Position requires frequent travel, being away from home for extended periods of time and working in inclement weather.
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• 3 years of supervisory or leadership experience on pipeline maintenance or construction projects.
• Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
• Candidate must be able to pass company background check and drug test to be eligible for hire.
• Ability to manage a work group and be a working member of the team.
• Ability to develop effective relationships and promote teamwork, foster open expression of ideas and opinions, provide and accept constructive feedback, and is an active listener.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills -- Ability to convey information that is clear, concise, accurate and tactful and maintain detailed records.
• Skilled in the use of computers for maintaining records and e-mail communications, including working knowledge of Excel, which is used to track project costs and prepare project estimates.
• Strong planning and organizational skills -- Ability to prioritize and organize work/jobs focused on customer service and safe task completion.
• Ability to plan and conduct efficient meetings and training sessions.
• Ability to effectively lead others in the completion of work -- use appropriate resources (people, equipment, and materials) to achieve results. Experience with contracting and supervising outside construction support, tracking expenditures, and forecasting costs for project expenditures
• Thorough knowledge of company administrative and operating policies/procedures.
• Must be available for call-out 24/7.
• Experience with CDL and Federal Regulations regarding its application and compliance.
• Manual dexterity with physical ability to work extended hours, climbing, bending, kneeling, working with arms extended above the head, twisting upper body, standing for long periods, balancing on piping, working in confined spaces, exposure to extreme weather conditions, lifting, ascend and descend slopes and ditches.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Kinder Morgan is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.