Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Salida, Colorado
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Reviews, acknowledges, and completes all written and verbal physician orders.
2. Communicates verbally, and documents in the medical record, changes in the patient's condition to the physician, the Supervisor and other nursing staff.
3. Directly provides patient care while delegating to unlicensed personnel appropriate tasks. Accepts and documents patient care supervision on appropriate medical records.
4. Provides and thoroughly documents patient care while considering the holistic needs of the patient and family.
5. Collaborates with other members of the health care team to coordinate the patient's care.
6. Promotes positive communication and relationships within the Med/Surg unit, with other nursing units and with other hospital departments.
7. Assists the Nurse Manager, Charge RN and the Supervisor to proactively solve problems affecting patient care and staff relationships.
8. Promotes the efficient use of all hospital resources.
9. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times, discussing patient or hospital business only when appropriate and necessary to provide quality patient care.
10. Employs tact and courtesy at all times, with patients, physicians, visitors and co-workers. Continually strives to establish and maintain good rapport and working relationships to foster positive intra- and interdepartmental communications.
11. Observes hospital and department policies and procedures.
12. Follows hospital and department safety rules.
13. Actively participates in unit performance improvement, quality improvement, and hospital wide initiatives, including EHR initiatives.
14. Provides nurse care within guidelines and standards of practice, utilizing available resources when needed including but not limited to Lippincot, Lexicomp, and PolicyStat.