Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Ramon, California
Requisition ID # 15626
Job Category : Information Technology
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : San Ramon
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, TOGETHER, BUILDING A BETTER CALIFORNIA is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Gas Operations is on a mission to become the safest, most reliable gas company in the U.S. Gas Operations is responsible for all aspects of PG&E s gas distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, restoration and emergency response.
Ensures the availability, integrity, and reliability of assigned SCADA systems. Provides application solutions, development, advice, and assistance to clients to design, develop, integrate, and maintain SCADA systems. Conducts analysis, programming, troubleshooting, recommending solutions, and implementing fixes associated with SCADA systems and applications. Conducts systems modeling, migration, and administration. Prepares and reviews design documentation.
* Applies specific best practices as appropriate continued improvement in core competencies.
* Assist in analyzing, diagnosing and resolving problems associated with all SCADA systems.
* Assist System Automation, TSM&C System Reliability and Telecom on SCADA projects.
* Assist with ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
* Assists engineering and design by providing testing and analyzing new equipment.
* Assists technicians and analysts, as appropriate, for new designs and protocol testing in a lab environment.
* Available to work 24 x 7 for production support of SCADA systems.
* Create and maintain training class curriculum as required, conduct internal classes and work with vendors on new training.
* May help coach Associate level specialists
* Monitor and evaluate data and control for operations and engineering.
* Must maintain a close working relationship with the line of business operations group. Will be the first point of contact for LOB operations for all SCADA related issues.
* Provide 2nd and 3rd tier support in testing, analyzing, diagnosing and resolving problems associated with these systems.
* Provide input and pre-production testing for any new field equipment or schemes wanted.
* Provide on-site or remote support as needed.
* Provide on-site testing of new SCADA equipment and database for all groups.
* Provide support and advice for SCADA applications.
* Provides data as needed for planning and System Automation on new equipment installs.
* Provides support guidance, consultation to System Automation and IT personnel, and operations users in the development and implementation of SCADA.
* Resolves problems of limited scope within SCADA procedural guidelines. Seeks assistance from the supervisor or more senior employees on unusual or more difficult problems. Assignments typically require standard solutions and limited creative approaches.
* Responsible for communication with end- users and vendors for SCADA software enhancements and problems.
* Responsible for providing business analysis perspectives for proposed changes to SCADA applications and associated interfaces.
* Review requirements and development of SCADA software and hardware.
* Support development of positive relationship with SCADA vendor, end-user, and other stakeholders
* Test, install and maintain the SCADA control systems and services associated with Gas, Hydro and Electric transmission and distribution SCADA.
* The incumbent independently plans SCADA work to meet assigned specific objectives; progress is reviewed periodically for technical accuracy and adequacy in process and upon completion.
* This is a \\"career/journey - level\\" SCADA position in which incumbent performs moderate to complex SCADA assignments with low to average risk in an autonomous fashion with limited guidance.
* Update policies and standards as needed. Data/Control Monitoring/Sharing and Management:
* Use established policies and procedures to support all users of SCADA data and control.
* Use of best practices and benchmarks to achieve efficient and effective services.
* Uses industry recognized approaches, methodologies and techniques specific to competency area to deliver quality real-time control and monitoring solutions
* Work closely with ODS, EMS, RAS, System Automation and TSM&C to test and install SCADA.
* Work closely with operations to monitor existing equipment, real time data and control.
* Works directly with Vendors to test and improve SCADA devices and applications.
* Works with business clients to align technical recommendations with business objectives by understanding the strategies and objectives of supported business units.
* Works with real time and historical database administration
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or job-related discipline or equivalent experience
* Experience as SCADA-Supervisory Control and Data Aquisition professional, or related, 3 years
* Experience as SCADA Specialist, or related
* Experience in energy management systems, or related, 3 years
* Experience with SCADA-Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition, or related
* Working Structured Query language (SQL) knowledge
* Ability to develop new and complex databases using SQL