Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Aventura, Florida
Job Code: 01079-7841
Evenings (rotating weekends)
LABORATORY ASSISTANT II PART-TIME (0.5 FTE), EVENINGS AVENTURA HOSPITAL & MEDICAL CENTER
INTEGRATED REGIONAL LABS (IRL) is a world class provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing more than 1,800 domestic and international commercial clients, including hospitals, surgery centers, physician offices, nursing homes, oncology centers and other business accounts with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories throughout Florida. We lead a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals just like you and we have creative leaders who are committed to excellence in every patient interaction. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity. Are you excited yet*
We offer you an EXCELLENT TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and amazing growth opportunities. We believe deeply in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. OUR BENEFITS INCLUDE (some may not apply in all facilities):
* Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Discount Program
* Employee Stock Purchase Program
* Tuition Reimbursement
* STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT (starting Fall of 2018)
You will perform any three of the following non-technical support functions in a hospital/clinical laboratory setting: specimen collection, specimen processing, submission and monitoring of specimens submitted to referral laboratories for esoteric testing, patient registration.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
* We would like you to demonstrate a thorough understanding of specimen collection and testing requirements as well as specimen rejection criteria
* You will need to demonstrate proficiency in venipunctures and/or finger sticks on pediatric, neonatal, adults and geriatric patients
* You will also complete appropriate specimen collection documentation
* There will be some clerical duties (i.e., faxing, phones, pneumatic tube system, reports)
* You will have registration and order entry work, as requested, with accuracy, and in a timely manner
* Label specimens and aliquots according to established protocols and according to testing ordered
* Centrifuge and aliquot specimens appropriately, based on specimen type and tests ordered
* Clean the area upon emergency spills of specimens
* Process, sort, and prepare specimens for submission to referral laboratories for testing in accordance with specimen requirements for tests ordered
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
* High School, GED, Vocational/Technical, is helpful
* Phlebotomy Certificate would be beneficial
* 1-3 years of previous experience in clinical laboratory setting is required
* You will perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
IRL is a member of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Are you intrigued* We d love to hear from you.
IF YOU FIND THIS OPPORTUNITY COMPELLING, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY. WE PROMPTLY REVIEW ALL APPLICATIONS. IF YOU ARE HIGHLY QUALIFIED YOU WILL HEAR FROM ONE OF OUR MANAGERS. WE ARE ACTIVELY INTERVIEWING SO APPLY TODAY!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Last Edited: 11/05/2018