Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Ramon, California
Requisition ID # 15513
Job Category : Human Resources
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Human Resources
Job Location : San Ramon
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, TOGETHER, BUILDING A BETTER CALIFORNIA is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Gas Curriculum Development Team is a dynamic group within PG&E Academy that focuses on strategically aligning itself with Gas Operations business toward a goal of creating the safest most reliable gas operating system in the industry. It is our job to increase employee safety and productivity by designing, developing and delivering best in industry learning and on the job support solutions.
We are seeking team members who can thrive autonomously in a fast paced environment that is change. To be successful, you must be open to change, possess a passion for learning and innovation, be able to build strong internal and external relationships and have a strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement.
PG&E Academy is looking for an Associate Instructional Designer to join our PG&E Academy Curriculum Development Team in support of Gas Operations learning needs. This role works closely with the development team and clients to:
* Develop and build training materials according to requirements using standard tools, templates and guidelines to populate learning content.
* Provide support in preparing training plans and documentation to facilitate the development of learning strategy discussions.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record in design and development. The Associate Instructional Designer must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The candidate should have strong organizational skills and possess the ability to analyze data.
* Assists others in defining curriculum learning objectives and course outline, designing curriculum, and developing/building training content and materials.
* Develops and builds training materials according to requirements using standard tools, templates and guidelines to populate learning content.
* Provides support in preparing training plans and documentation to facilitate the development of learning strategy discussions.
* Assists others in analysis for training and curriculum redesign purposes.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Liberal Arts, or related degree/ field, or equivalent work experience.
* Ability to travel locally up to 40%.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products - for example Excel, Word, PowerPoint- as Needed to perform at the job level.
* Knowledge of learning theories, instructional design, e-learning, and video development/ editing.