Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Ramon, California
Requisition ID # 15512
Job Category : Human Resources
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Human Resources
Job Location : San Ramon
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, TOGETHER, BUILDING A BETTER CALIFORNIA is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
The Gas Operations Training Curriculum Development Team is a dynamic group within PG&E Academy that focuses on strategically aligning itself with the Gas Operations business toward a goal of creating the safest most reliable Gas operating system in the industry. It is our job to increase employee safety and productivity by designing, developing and delivering best in industry learning and on the job support solutions.
We are seeking team members who can thrive autonomously in a fast paced environment that is change. To be successful, you must be open to change, possess a passion for learning and innovation, be able to build strong internal and external relationships and have a strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement.
PG&E Academy is looking for an Instructional Designer to join our PG&E Academy Curriculum Development Team in support of Gas Operations learning needs. This role works closely with the development team and clients to develop and maintain the learning content, tools, systems, and programs that support our employee s ability to safely and efficiently perform their work and job tasks. This is accomplished via a wide range of methodologies, delivery mechanisms and formats to meet specific business needs. The Instructional Designer will work closely with subject matter experts as well as internal and external stakeholders to translate business and performance objectives into learning and performance support solutions and to ensure that employees are trained to competence.
The successful candidate should have a proven track record in design and development. The Instructional Designer must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The candidate should have strong organizational skills and possess the ability to analyze data and consult with client groups.
* Conduct needs analysis, design curriculum and develop training content and materials utilizing various training tools, methods, approaches and tactics within PG&E s quality standards.
* Provide input regarding learning solution and estimate of work.
* Collaborate and consult with project partners and stakeholders to design and develop learning solutions that reinforce business goals and best practices.
* Facilitate content development sessions with subject matter experts and stakeholders, under the guidance of more experienced learning professional.
* Identify key metrics for measuring training effectiveness, aligning training results with business goals and metrics.
* Manage time and tasks, and escalate challenges appropriately.
* Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Liberal Arts, or related degree/ field, or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 3 years of Instructional Design or Communications or Teaching or Training, Change Management, or Graphic Design work experience is required.
* Ability to travel locally up to 20%.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint- as needed to perform at the job level.
* Knowledge of e-learning and video development/ editing.