Posted in Other 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Downers Grove, Illinois
Perform duties to set up and operate a number of different computerized numerical controlled machine tools to perform a wide range of turning, drilling, milling, tapping, or resistance spot welding operations on precision machined components in a work-cell environment. Follow quality and safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
* Work from process sheets, blueprints, setup sheets, setup cards, machine status boards, and verbal as well as written instructions.
* Machine and install or re-cut chuck jaws as required.
* Insert and secure tooling in machine turrets.
* Use hand tools and manual machines as needed
* PERFORM MACHINE SET UPS AS REQUIRED.
* DOWNLOAD AND UPLOAD PROGRAMS INTO MACHINE, AND MAKE MINOR PROGRAMMING ADJUSTMENTS AS NEEDED.
* OPERATE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COMPUTERIZED NUMERICAL CONTROLS TO MANUFACTURE A FINISHED MACHINED PRODUCT BY PERFORMING A WIDE RANGE OF MACHINING OPERATIONS WITHIN TIGHT TOLERANCES.
* MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO OFFSET COORDINATES TO COMPENSATE FOR MATERIALS, TOOLING OR MACHINE CENTER CONDITIONS.
* PERFORM BASIC TROUBLESHOOTING AND MAKE APPROPRIATE ADJUSTMENTS.
* MAY BE REQUIRED TO TRAIN LESS EXPERIENCED MACHINISTS.
* Set up and verify preset gauges for proper calibration as required.
* Work with supervisor, programmer & support teams to resolve problem situations as required.
* Inspect own work for correct dimensions and ensure that company quality and quantity standards are maintained and complete required documentation. Will be required to inspect the work of other machinists.
* May be required to operate multiple machines.
* Rotate between various department work centers as required and perform other related duties as assigned.
* Enters data into ERP system.
* Supports continuous improvement/RBS activities.
* Load and unload component piece parts with weights up to 25 lbs
CAPABILITIES AND SUCCESS FACTORS
* Previous experience and demonstrated proficiency in operating CNC lathe, CNC mill machines, or resistance spot welder (any combination of two machines), with intermediate knowledge and experience with setting up machines.
* Requires a high school education or equivalent experience.
* MINIMUM OF 2 YEARS OF RELATED EXPERIENCE, AND KNOWLEDGE OF MACHINING PRINCIPLES AND METHODS FOR COMPUTER NUMERICAL CONTROLLED MACHINE TOOLS REQUIRED
* Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
* Must be able to read and interpret work instructions and blue prints in English.
* External candidates will be required to pass a Machinist test which measures mechanical aptitude.
* Moderate physical demand required to insert tooling, set up work centers, inspect workpieces and make machine adjustments, which is equivalent to continuously lifting or moving light weight material. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs and stand for an entire shift.
In addition to gaining invaluable experience and having the opportunity to create a legacy, the dynamic leader we seek will be rewarded with:
* Competitive Hourly Wage
* Matching 401(k) contribution
* Discretionary Personal Reimbursement Account
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Short-Term Disability Insurance
* Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
* Educational Reimbursement
* Matching Gift Program
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may submit their resume through the Careers section at www.rexnord.com.
Rexnord associates must be in good standing for consideration for job openings. This includes satisfactory or above ratings in job performance and no corrective actions, PIPs, disciplinary issues or warnings in the last 12 months.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
FEMALE/SEXUAL ORIENTATION/GENDER IDENTITY/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABLED