Posted in Other 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lehi, Utah
SOFTWARE ENGINEER II
Location: Lehi, UT
As a Software Engineer II you will use your knowledge and experience to own features or enhancements assigned to you and deliver them along with your software engineering team. You will be expected to push the envelope consistently, expanding your capabilities and those of the Workfront platform at the same time. Your technical responsibilities will be honed and leadership responsibilities will emerge as you begin to master your craft.
A Typical Day in Your World:
* Meet with your team and tell them the awesome things you did yesterday and what unspeakably incredible things you will complete by this time tomorrow.
* Create new features using our development technologies that will delight and inspire marketers, IT professionals, and other knowledge workers worldwide.
* Working with your team to break down tasks, identify dependencies and define implementation plans for your upcoming sprint.
* Create object-oriented designs for basic features or modules with simplicity and performance in mind.
* Troubleshoot and debug all problems in your team s area of responsibility to improve overall quality and increase your knowledge and expertise within our platform.
* Show off your work to QA and Product teams to demonstrate not only that your solution works, but that you have also accounted and tested that it scales.
* Aid your teammates in developing and adhering to design principles and patterns to ensure the quality and capability of the Workfront platform is high and remains there.
* Have a fabulous lunch with people you respect and admire. Enjoy a free soda. Or 10 because, hey, they re free!
* At the end of a release, as the rest of the company is validating that, in fact, you and your team s work is indeed awesome and unspeakably incredible, take some time to do some research, train in a new technology or even play a game em, we mean participate in a team building exercise with your team.
To Land This Job You ll Need:
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or equivalent education) or equivalent work experience.
* Demonstrate basic knowledge of Database basics such as joins, constraints, stored procedures, triggers and schema design.
* Show that you understand basic and advanced design patterns and have the ability to write code for handling problems involving inter-process communications, multi-threading, parallelization, etc.
* Be able to speak to a time when you were able to dive into someone else s code and make an optimization to it without rewriting the whole thing.
* Ability to describe concepts and whiteboard designs dealing with high-availability and redundancy.
* Experience researching solutions to complex problems and pitching your ideas to senior team members.
Now, Blow Our Minds:
* Demonstrate real experience with real-time or distributed systems that not only perform at mass-scale, but can also be upgraded automatically or during peak volume periods.
* Exude an inner passion and drive to not only learn something new but apply it effectively and teach others all about what you discovered.
* Show that you have the ability to lead by example and take on challenges that you either aren t comfortable with or no one else wants and deliver because you know how to get the job done at all costs.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Workfront are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation, and you are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.