Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Downers Grove, Illinois
Perform duties to set up and operate a number of Non-CNC controlled machines and or hand tools to produce precision machined components with in a work-cell environment. Follow quality and safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition. This Position is also responsible for contributing to the improvement of safety, quality, productivity, cost, and 5S in the Machining Department.
* Work from process sheets, blueprints, setup sheets, setup cards, and verbal as well as written instructions.
* Set up and operate production machines - Rough O.D. grinders, Cut-off Machines, Finish O.D. grinders, Deburr machines all in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
* Make adjustments to machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion.
* Use calipers, micrometers, depth and height gauges, gauging and locating fixtures, as well as other fixed and universal gauging equipment such as Federal gauges and plug gauges.
* Use hand tools and manual machines as needed.
* Set up and/or verify preset gauges for proper calibration as required.
* Inspect own work for correct dimensions and ensure that company quality and quantity standards are maintained and complete required documentation.
* May be required to operate multiple machines.
* Rotate between various work centers as required and perform other related duties as assigned.
* Enters data into SAP system.
* Prepare and maintain quality records.
* Supports Continuous Improvement/RBS activities.
* Follow quality and safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Troubleshoot and resolve various types of manufacturing issues.
CAPABILITIES AND SUCCESS FACTORS
* Previous experience and demonstrated proficiency in operating Non-CNC manufacturing equipment preferred.
* Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with mechanical aptitude.
* Must be able to read and interpret work instructions, blueprints and diagrams in English.
* Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
* Responsible for quality of work in the work center.
* Moderate physical demand required to insert tooling, set up work centers, inspect work pieces and make machine adjustments, which is equivalent to continuously lifting or moving light weight material. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally and stand for an entire shift.
In addition to gaining invaluable experience and having the opportunity to create a legacy, the dynamic leader we seek will be rewarded with:
* Competitive Hourly Wage
* Matching 401(k) contribution
* Discretionary Personal Reimbursement Account
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Short-Term Disability Insurance
* Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
* Educational Reimbursement
* Matching Gift Program
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may submit their resume through the Careers section at www.rexnord.com.
Rexnord associates must be in good standing for consideration for job openings. This includes satisfactory or above ratings in job performance and no corrective actions, PIPs, disciplinary issues or warnings in the last 12 months.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
FEMALE/SEXUAL ORIENTATION/GENDER IDENTITY/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABLED