Posted in General Business 2 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Woonsocket, Rhode Island
HEZ Community Overdose Prevention Specialist
Woonsocket, RI 02895, USA Req #81
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Thundermist's Mission - To improve the health of our patients and communities by delivering exceptional health care, removing barriers to that care, and advancing healthy lifestyles
The Community Overdose Prevention Specialist is a member of the HEZ
team. The Specialist supports the community needs assessment activities of the Woonsocket and West Warwick HEZs, as well as supports OD prevention implementation activities in West Warwick, including developing community-based peer recovery resources.
Work Schedule Demands
Full-time. Ability to work evenings/weekends as required to meet community needs.
Confidentiality of Information
A high level of confidentiality. Must maintain all policies of confidentiality always and use discretion surrounding agency information and management issues.
Significant Job Functions
1. Key member of HEZ team
2. Support HEZ OD Prevention Work Group (WW)
3. Provide staff support for OD Prevention Assessment in Woonsocket and West Warwick
4. Develop, facilitate, or lead peer recovery-oriented group activities. Activities may be social, educational or support-focused.
5. Deliver Narcan training in community and partner settings
6. Conduct community outreach and marketing activities related to the HEZ OD prevention plan
7. Support OD prevention plan implementation activities as appropriate and as time allows
8. Perform other duties as required
Thundermist is dedicated to the goal of building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce committed to caring for patients in a manner that is respectful of cultural difference. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.