Posted in General Business 2 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
The Operational Risk Management Analyst supports the Operational Risk and Control team for the Enterprise Shared Services organization and is responsible for providing the leadership, innovation, governance, and management necessary to coordinate the proper management of operational risk across multiple stakeholders, to aggregate such risks, integrate for executive reporting and spearhead new initiatives and projects. The position has primary responsibility to administer the Enterprise Shared Services Risk Committee, develop and execute risk reporting, risk register action tracking, support the roll out of the operational risk framework elements, develop and design approaches for new practices/tools, assess/aggregate risk exposures, and integrate with scenario analysis, capital measurement and other corporate efforts and requirements.
Manage Risk Reporting & Business Risk Register
Manage the ongoing tracking of risk register items and ensure ongoing reporting and follow-up.
• Ensure risk follow up actions are formally tracked.
• Conduct Risk analysis with business partners on critical processes and vendors to ensure proper controls are in place and monitored.
• Conduct proper follow up to update risk register status, especially for overdue items.
• Coordinate with other control functions, (e.g. Compliance, IT Risk, Legal, Audit) to ensure register includes key risk action items.
• Challenge the closure of action items and the solutions outlined by the business, where necessary
Expand risk reporting beyond the risk register to include all operational risk framework elements (e.g. Key Risk Indicators, losses, etc.) with a vision to move towards a quarterly risk profile view of the Enterprise Shared Services business.
Support the development of materials for Corporate Committees and the Board, as needed.
Manage and Coordinate Enterprise Shared Services Operational Risk Working Group
Ensure the proper functioning of the Enterprise Shared Services Operational Risk Working Group, engage with stakeholders to drive/present agenda items, track attendance and draft minutes. Ensure the team receives proper line of sight into broad business and functional risk areas via periodic agenda updates or agenda with a risk-based focus.
Perform periodic risk reporting to the GRC and for the Group business Operating Review.
Manage and Coordinate Stress Risk Efforts
• Drive the formulation of operational risk appetite in alignment with Corporate and other practices.
• Develop an approach and execute the annual (and ongoing) scenario analysis effort in alignment with Corporate Standards.
• Complete submissions for the annual ORSA reporting.
New Initiatives and Ad-Hoc Efforts
• Supports corporate initiatives to design and subsequently roll out and manage operational risk framework elements, such as Key Risk Indicators, the operational risk tool and (internal and external) loss event reporting.
• Support ad-hoc projects and initiatives as assigned by Head of Operational Risk & Control, including coordinating on Technology and Third-Party Risk Management related efforts.
• Create awareness materials and perform training to staff and executives, as needed.
• Create operational risk department presentations as needed.
The Manager, Operational Risk & Control reports to the Assistant Vice President, Enterprise Shared Services, who reports to the Vice President, Enterprise Shared Services. Candidate Qualifications
Skills, Competencies and Knowledge
• Broad knowledge of risk management and internal control principles (e.g., SOX, MAR, COSO, COBIT), and related risk disciplines, such as Third-Party Risk Management, Business Continuity, Fraud, Financial Control, appropriate to a financial services environment.
• Proven operational risk management control experience, preferably in a financial services/insurance organization.
• Proven ability to contribute to complex projects and teams across different business areas.
• Must be able to work effectively with others and be able to make suggestions to strengthen overall system of control.
• Self-motivated individual who can identify organizational opportunities, think broadly, and show insight and innovation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Strong organizational skills and an aptitude for detail.
• Ability to think critically, analyze, prioritize, take initiative, and problem-solve.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft applications.
• Knowledge of operational risk GRC tools is highly desired. Archer GRC experience is preferred.
Bethlehem PA, Holmdel NJ or remote/Work from Home within driving distance of these office locations.
• Medical, dental, vision, and prescription plans with no wait period
• Competitive salary
• Attractive Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Life and disability insurance
• Tuition assistance program
• Wellness discounts
We recognize the importance of a work life balance. We promote healthy lifestyles and a variety of shift schedules for our employees.
Social responsibility is part of our mission. It stems from our corporate values of putting people first, doing the right thing, and holding ourselves to high standards. As a company and as employees, we are engaged in a variety of initiatives such as volunteering within our local communities, educational alliances with colleges, focusing on sustainability, and promoting diversity and inclusion.
Every day, Guardian gives 26 million Americans the security they deserve through our insurance and wealth management products and services. Since our founding in 1860, our long-term view has helped our customers prepare for whatever life brings whether starting a family, planning for the future or taking care of employees. Today, we're a Fortune 250 mutual company and a leading provider of life, disability and other benefits for individuals, at the workplace and through government sponsored programs. The Guardian community of ~9000 employees and our network of over 2750 financial representatives is committed to serving with expertise when, where and how our clients need us. Our commitments rest on a strong financial foundation, which at year-end 2017 included $8.0 billion in capital and $1.6 billion in operating income. For more information, please visit GuardianLife.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn , Twitter and YouTube .
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian® is a registered trademark of the Guardian Life Insurance Company of America Guardian2018