Responsible for creating and/or acquiring content for websites, email newsletters or other online communications media such as podcasts, blogs, customer service/contact center agent scripts and social media. Content can take many forms, including plain text, web links, database content, still images (illustrations, photographs, diagrams), animation, audio, video, and interactive devices (forms, forums, chat rooms, polls, questionnaires, etc.)
Minimum Job Requirements
•Bachelor's Degree in English, Journalism, Mass Communications, Marketing/Communications (or) 4 years of equivalent work experience
• 2-3 years of experience working with content production
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Supports Nicklaus Children's Health System's strategic initiatives and formulates editorial policy aligned with the current editorial process.
Acts as web editor and coordinates all activities; responsible for project management and information design. Creates and manages editorial workflows within a Web Content Management System.
Manages content calendars and maintains time-sensitive material. Maintains menus and indexes within health system websites, as well as, archive and backup content.
Updates external web site with fresh news and information while working with staff, partners, consultants, and customers to ensure timely and fresh public content.
Uses metadata and other methods to optimize search engine positions and communicates with other site owners in order to maximize incoming links. Ensures the site is listed in relevant directories.
Prepares reports to help support the marketing team in measuring content being created, edited, and removed from websites. Ensures a strong understanding of analytic tools such as Google Analytics.
Develops ideas and writes original content that can be utilized across multiple marketing channels. Ensures all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice.
Gathers information and integrates data from other departments to assist in determining the content of the website.
Works closely with departments to ensure site content is accurate.
Responsible for maintaining and creating links to and from other websites.
Builds and optimizes all social media strategies and action plans directed at media and key influencers. Works closely with marketing staff to ensure consistent strategies, messaging & branding.
Monitors the company's presence on social networks, blogs, news sources, etc. for proactive response to influencers and other members of the media.
Researches and recommends new social media outlets to marketing staff and department leaders.
• Ability to be self-directed and work under tight deadlines.
• Able to work in a close working relationship with other marketing team members.
• Demonstrates effective group facilitation/consensus-building skills, analytical & problem-solving skills.
• Able to effectively manage projects utilizing top-notch organizational skills and tools.
• Knowledge of web publishing content tools and technologies such as content management systems.
• Possesses knowledge in strategic marketing and communication plan development.
• Understands medical terminology and technological terminology.
• Skilled in using Microsoft office tools to meet reporting and content production tasks.
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite products such as Photoshop, Premier and knowledge of basic HTML is a plus.