Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fremont, California
Systems And Network Technician
· Provide support for Linux and Windows production servers in a 24/7 environment
· Manage, maintain and troubleshoot workstations, servers and infrastructure in a manufacturing environment
· Diagnose application errors and maintain a production environment with maximum up-time and stability in a very time sensitive environment
· Troubleshoot complex Cisco network, Win2k3/Win2k8 server, SuSE Linux servers, and vendor specific application clustered environments to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties
· Administer network workstations, including Windows and Linux- based systems
· Assist with installation of network infrastructure, embedded systems and control technologies used in factory automation
· Design and implement database reports using standard tools such as Crystal and Jasper Reports
· Bachelor’s degree in IT or related discipline or equivalent experience
· A+, Linux+, MSCE, Novell/SuSE CLP, CCNA, and VCP or equivalent experience
· 2 year minimum experience administrating Windows Servers (2003 and later)
· 2 year minimum experience administrating Active Directory (including GPO/GPP)
· 2 year minimum experience administrating Linux Servers (Debian-based or SuSE)
· 1 year minimum experience administrating HP Data Protector, Symantec BackupExec and similar enterprise backup software.
· 1 year minimum experience administrating HP, EMC, NetApp, or Dell SAN/NFS infrastructure.
· Knowledge of LDAP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, 802.1X, 802.1Q, and other common standards.
· Possess a mechanical aptitude towards using hand tools such as drivers, hammers, drills, and crimpers.
· Must be able to work from schematics, CAD drawings, rough engineering drawings and/or verbal instructions to complete infrastructure projects.
· Must be flexible and available to work any assigned shift, weekends and holidays
Good written and verbal communication skills.