Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Dekalb, Illinois
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT)
This position drives new business development opportunities within our small format thermoforming business segment. The individual will focus on the Midwest region of our Sonoco Alloyd division. Locations can be MN, WI, IA, IL, IN, MI, OR OH. These opportunities will make a significant impact on Sonoco s organic growth initiatives and bottom line. Your job as a NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT TERRITORY MANAGER will include identify and pursuing sales leads and exploring custom solutions with potential clients. This individual must have the potential to understand the entire scope of the company and close successful business deals based on strategic company objectives, division business objectives and individualized goals. This role provideds strategic/complex thinking and problem solving in order to provide innovative solutions to new and existing customers. Additionally, this individual provides cross-functional team leadership and project management skills to inspire their team and the company to deliver on critical customer engagement objectives, revenue and margin goals, assuring alignment with our divisions and corporate strategies. Must bring an entrepreneurial spirit in-line with our brand mission, while balancing and navigating the immediate and ongoing challenges faced in complex, large scale, transactional relationships.
* Ability to drive new business sales through strategic sales growth and outcome-based selling, including cross-functional team leadership, key account planning, and Sonoco s value management tools, techniques and disciplines.
* Evaluates potential opportunities from marketing leads, cold calls and additional sources through market analysis.
* Possesses superior internal business acumen and leveraging their understanding of Sonoco s overall business portfolio and organizational structure to pull the right functional experts to the engagement so that Sonoco s capability is realized.
* Demonstrates strong analytical skills and leverages data for enhanced decision making and innovative product solutions. Able to leverage data to drive and actively puruse sales leads, drive revenue growth and close deals with customers.
* Displays exceptional external business acumen, and demonstrates the tact and diplomacy to navigate and influence the customer at all levels of their management, especially, the C-Suite level at the customer.
* Understands and works in a process-centered mentality.
* Manages by influence and garners respect across large, internal stakeholder bases.
* Always acts with tact and diplomacy and demonstrates both internally at Sonoco and externally with the customer.
* Demonstrates project management skills with the ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously across multiple functions and divisions. Works collaboratively across engineering, customer service and operations to close sales deals and follow up with customers.
* Has the ability to stay engaged across various communication platforms (email, extemporaneous speaking, formal presentations, etc.) and provides effective and efficient communications with customers and internal stakeholders.
* Bachelor s degree required; MBA a plus or equivalent experience
* At least 5 years proven experience related to thermforming sales
* Additionall experience with qualifications listed above
* Proven experience leveraging data to make decisions
* Exceptional background driving sales leads and building new business and revenue growth
* Creativity is key and ability to bring in additional thermforming sales
* 50% travel and work from home office
* Comfortable with a commission driven sales structure
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.